A Message To My Internet Friends

A Message To My Internet Friends

When we were at the age of signing up for all the social media: Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, we all had the same talk with our parents.

109
A Message To My Internet Friends
Photo by Christin Hume on Unsplash

The talk that was always don't talk to strangers because they could be an 80-year-old man or some sort of stalker.

I do have to say that the first time I used social media it was hard to not talk to strangers because you had the whole world right in front of you.

I remember the first person I DMed on Instagram went to a Panic! At The Disco concert and I talked to her about how the concert was because I was seeing them a couple of weeks before then. I then DMed somebody who went to a Twenty One Pilots concert.

It then turned in to replying to be in group chats and meeting some great people (Which was during my Twenty One Pilots phase)

Now fast forward to the present I have been obsessed with a band called Why Don't We. I was scrolling through my twitter feed when I keep seeing pictures with a meet and greet phots with five dudes.

I started DMing a couple of them asking questions about the concert (again). And through some process I have met some of the most important people in my whole entire life, they mean the world to them, and I can't imagine my life without them.

KENNA: By the time I post this we would have already tackled each other to the floor and watched our favorite 5 favorite men on the stage for the best night of our lives. The first time we talked it was replying to a tweet asking what WDW concert date we were going to, and we found out we were going to the same show and ever since then we talked and just since then we clicked

JAY: I met you because I congratulated you on getting Jonah's follow. And we started talking about how I was never going to meet him or get his follow and you comforted me saying it was going to happen one day and I just need to stay positive. From there I was always there for you when you asked us to mention one of the boys on your drawings. And I am thankful that I congratulated you on Jonahs follow because I would not have you in my life and I don't know what I do without you in my life, you make me so happy

SOPHIA: I remember asking about the Vegas concert ( I know what a shocker). From there we talked about the possibility of my new tattoo, and how I was never going to meet them (again you should be shocked). Then we talked about the chance of me vlogging the concert. I then helped you picked out your outfit. I love you with all my heart.

Sometimes when it comes to talking to people on the internet you should be careful, but you also meet some of the best people. People aren't wrong when they say that internet friends are better than in real life friends and they are right. But talking to these three girls was the best decision of my life and I can't thank them enough for being them and being in my life and making me the happiest person on this earth. And I can't wait to hopefully meet you guys one day.

And I can't thank Why Don't We enough for giving me my best friends.