We Are Messengers Of The Gospel

We Are Messengers Of The Gospel

As children of the light, God is constantly cleansing us.

154
1 John 1:7 – "But if we walk in the light, as He is the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin."

As children of God we often perceive ourselves as less than. Or we focus so much on the trials and the battles happening around us that we forget who we were created to be. The truth about our core purpose in life is that we are messengers of the Gospel. But sometimes we can get clouded more by the adversity happening around us than the cleansing that is taking place within us.

Honestly, this is something I have been struggling with lately. But God revealed this passage from 1 John to show that when we are walking in light, we are being cleansed from sin even if we don't know we are. Like me, all of us has struggled with some sort of sin, that keeps us awake at night, and that disturbs our dreams, but the truth is the cleansing power of Christ never stops working. It is always purifying our hearts and making us shine brighter.

So today I want to encourage you sons and daughters. As you are walking in the light and shinning bright for Christ, be still and know that God is always cleansing us from the sin that tries to hinder us from walking as messengers. God is our light, so today let there be light. All day and always.