People With Mental Illness Are A Threat To Society: A Satire

These stories don't help with the main problem, instead, they magnify them.

1191

After carefully researching well-known books and movies about mental illness, political experts concluded that disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia represented a greater threat than we could ever imagine. "People with mental disorders are not only violent and dangerous, but there are those who are also lazy. "They don't contribute to society and are a burden to our government," said Mary Williams who has watched and studied Hollywood movies such as Psycho and The Shining. After the release of the "Joker" on October 4, 2019, concerns about violent outbursts in psychiatric patients have increased. The polls have also shown that Boomers continually asked things such as " Can't you just control it?"

GenZ, on the other hand, would allege that they possess mental illnesses such as depression, and other bipolar disorders in statements such as: "OMG, I think I have OCD, I am so organized and neat," which has caused many people on social media to open their eyes, and realize that mental illnesses are just a trend similar to the "bottle" challenge and Tik Tok dances that go away with time.

Last time interviewing a Latina mom, whose son claims to suffer from depression and anxiety, she said the following: "I don't know what I did wrong with him, he had so much love, what else does he want? Stress? He lies in bed and plays video games the entire day saying he is stressed? I am also stressed, don't you see these wrinkles? I have told him to go out with his friends, he doesn't want to. He even has bad grades. No psychologist is gonna tell me my son is crazy. Back in my day, if we were stressed, we had to shrug it out. Why can't he do that? I work all day, he does nothing, I should be the one claiming to be stressed, not him" This mom's testimony reveals that people with mental illnesses are not only a problem in America but in the entire world. "We are raising snowflakes, that's all I am gonna say" an embittered three times divorced man commented on twitter. "Send them to war, then we'll talk about trauma".

Luckily, the government has denied the funding of social services for people with Schizophrenia and Antisocial Behavior. Instead, the government has increased the funds towards the prison system despite the claims of many so-called "mental health experts" that allege that only 3% of violent acts can be attributed to individuals with serious mental illness. For obvious reasons, we cannot believe them, they only care about the money and their work is overpriced. On the other hand, Los Angeles County jail, Chicago's Cook County jail, and New York's Riker's jail have enough capacity to hold more mentally ill people than any psychiatric hospital in the United States, which is good news. We have less of those people threatening us in our daily lives. Besides, what is a little more money for taxes when you can walk freely and not be afraid to cross paths with someone yelling on the street.

Therapy is a waste of time and money, and even though there are psychiatric hospitals, they seem to not be helping at all. "Hospitals will take people out when more 'serious cases; arrive and those people will wander the streets, they will be out and with us, normal people. When we asked a father whose child has been seeing a mental health "professional," he told us that his experience was far from pleasant. "They charge a lot of money and the pills they give to my daughter are extremely costly. Besides, it's been a month and my daughter's condition has not improved at all. She has started going out with her friends more often but still keeps on doing drugs. If she is not going to change, what is the point then?" As we can see, the reason why there is no funding for psychiatric hospitals or even mental healthcare is that they don't help at all, instead, they make the patients focus on their mental illness, which only worsens their condition.

Lately, a new trend has been created, and we cannot only blame Netflix and other movies and series makers. "Thirteen Reasons Why" glorifies suicide and depression. These stories don't help with our main problem, instead, they magnify them.

Statistics show that teenagers, mostly girls, tend to post quotes about depression, it is said that they do so because of the stereotype it conveys, which is seen in the movies. For example, the cliche of the depressed girl who falls in love with a boy, and suddenly all her problems are solved. These teenagers are falling in love with the plot of a story, they romanticize mental illness and as it spreads on social media, more teenagers claim to have them. We can confirm that mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety are only a trend because of these factors. Even other teenagers can corroborate this argument when they say things such as: "Sorry for my mood changes, I am bipolar" or "Oh my god, I cannot resist a triangle cut in the middle of the cake, my OCD is killing me".

As we have seen, people with mental illness are a threat to society because of their violent behavior, they are a burden due to the amount of money that goes to mental hospitals and therapy, which has been proved to be ineffective. Even though prison funding comes from our taxes too, we do not have to worry about those people being let out on the streets. An absolutely fair price for being safe. On the other hand, it has been shown that mental illnesses have become a trend among teenagers, and it is used as excuses for those who are lazy.