What It Is Like Growing Up In A Christian Home
Christianity

7 Childhood Memories You Have, If You Grew Up In A Christian Home

Growing up in a Christian home is one of the best memories of my childhood.

393

Sometimes it is hard for me to remember that not all Christians were raised in a Christian home or have Christian families. So, if you have ever wondered what it's like growing up with a Christian family, this will give you a small idea.

For me, I absolutely loved it and would never change it for anything. Thanks to my mom and dad for setting the example!

All of your Sunday School crafts being on the fridge at home.

Those cross necklaces and Noah's ark coloring sheets really brought your refrigerator to life. Also, every time you gave your craft to your parents you also gave them an overview of the lesson that went a little like this, "Noah put animals on a big boat, two by two."

You know ‘Jesus Loves Me’ and ‘Father Abraham’ better than any other songs.

Even now, you sometimes sing "Jesus Loves Me" to remind yourself of that seemingly simple but amazing fact. And as for Father Abraham, it still makes you smile to see the little kids at your church do "right arm, left arm, right foot, left foot, turn around, sit down."

Homecoming Sunday had the best food EVER.

Mac 'n' cheese, fried chicken, rolls and desserts were literally everywhere. Your fellowship hall was like Heaven for that hour or so.

Deciding whether to be baptized in the lake or the baptistry at the church.

While most of our parents and grandparents were baptized in a lake or river, our generation mainly has been baptized in the baptistry. For me personally, there was not much of a choice because it was fall in East Tennessee and too cold to be in the lake or river.

The ABC’s of salvation

Admit that you are a sinner, believe Jesus is the risen Son of God, and confess to the world that Jesus is your Lord. You heard these words every year at Vacation Bible School, and when you finally received salvation yourself, you realized how important they truly were.

How happy you (and your entire church family) were when you got saved.

As any Christian knows, salvation is the most important moment in our walk with Christ; it is the moment we enter into our own relationship with God as well as gain an eternity in Heaven. Everyone in your church was overjoyed when you got saved, and so were you. I remember every single person in the church the night I accepted Christ hugged me and told me congratulations.

You have an entire congregation of family.

I know if I need prayer, guidance, or any help at all, I can call anyone I go to church with. I have gone to the same church since I was born, and I genuinely see the people there as my family. Your church family is who showed you the love of God and taught you what it means to follow Jesus.