A Memoir of 7 Random Songs On My Apple Music

Just press shuffle.
34

As I was clicking through my Apple Music the other day, I realized that I usually only listen to the same few playlists, rarely deviating from the same few songs. While I love my playlists, I decided to take a look at some of the other songs that I have that I rarely ever listen to, so I hit shuffle seven times and found these seven songs hidden in my music library.

Not only did these songs bring back some pretty special memories, but they're also hidden gems that even I've forgotten about over time. So if you find yourself needing something new to listen to, why don't you just press shuffle and see what happens, after all, you never know what you might find.

1. “We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off” by Ella Eyre

Favorite lyrics: “A quick hit, that's your game / But I'm not a piece of meat, stimulate my brain”

Story behind it: The reason why I downloaded this song is literally because I heard it from a Downy commercial last year. While it might have a stupid reason behind it, I still don’t regret downloading it, it’s actually a pretty good song.

2. “My Life Would Suck Without You” by Kelly Clarkson

Favorite lyrics: “I know that I've got issues / But you're pretty messed up too / Either way I found out I'm nothing without you”

Story behind it: Okay, but seriously, what girl doesn’t have this on their phone? Kelly Clarkson is such an icon, not to mention she’s produced some pretty great break up songs.

3. “Roses” by The Chainsmokers

Favorite lyrics: “We could waste the night with an old film / Smoke a little weed on my couch in the back room / Hideaway / Say you'll never let me go”

Story behind it: I’ll always remember this song because I played it during a school function and to put it lightly, not everyone was pleased. Nonetheless, I still really like this song and The Chainsmokers.

4. “Thnks Fr Th Mmrs” by Fall Out Boy

Favorite lyrics: “One night and one more time / Thanks for the memories even though they weren't so great”

Story behind it: I really don’t have a single explanation for this song, I think everyone can relate to this song at one point or another in their life, so I keep it on my Apple Music for when the time is right.

5. “Accidentally in Love” by Counting Crows

Favorite lyrics: “So she said what's the problem baby / What's the problem I don't know / Well maybe I'm in love”

Story behind it: My obsession with this song started when I heard it while watching Shrek 2. I love Shrek, and I love movie soundtracks, so therefore, this song made its way into my personal collection.

6. “Black Skinhead” by Kanye West

Favorite lyrics: “Baby we living in the moment / I’ve been a menace for the longest / But I ain't finished, I'm devoted / And you know it, and you know it”

Story behind it: This song is my sh**. No matter what kind of mood I’m in, I know that this song will get me back to feeling like myself.

7. “wonderful” by Travis Scott ft. The Weeknd

Favorite lyrics: “Oh my, what a wonderful time / Been a minute since I pulled up outside / Shut it down, yeah, we do that every time”

Story behind it: I just really like Travis Scott and this song, there really isn’t much to say about it other than that it's a great song to pregame to!