Meet ASU Odyssey: Amanda Fennell

Meet ASU Odyssey: Amanda Fennell

A series where readers get to meet ASU Odyssey reporters

9
Meet ASU Odyssey: Amanda Fennell

Hi! My name is Amanda Fennell, and I am a reporter for Arizona State University Odyssey. I used to write for Penn State's Odyssey team, while I attended PSU Abington and majored in Criminal Justice. For personal reasons, I took a break from school, and thankfully have been given the opportunity to enroll in ASU online classes, where I will major in...well...Something new! All of the crime shows are great to watch, but I decided making them real life for me as a career just wasn't the best choice. I am ready for new beginnings, a great positive outlook on things, and a new Odyssey team full of equally wonderful people!

Straying away from school, let me give you further insight on my life. I am originally from Brooklyn, New York, but moved just outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania when I was younger. Yes, we do consume a copious amount of cheesesteaks! I live with my boyfriend and a few of my closest friends...a group of all guys...And then me. Let me tell you, that gets quite interesting. However, I can't say that the toilet seat has been left up more than twice in the two years we've all lived together, so I guess they stray away from the stereotypes. And before you ask, yes, Saturdays are mostly for the boys, and it is usually full of Yuenglings, junk food, and Fortnite. Also, I have learned to become wonderful wing-woman.

I love to paint, do photography, draw, create artsy stuff, and obsess over Disney. I honestly am an encyclopedia for Disney, especially Walt Disney World. I can't say where my love for the popular vacation spot started, but in my twenty-one years of life, I've been there well over thirty times. My goal is to get to Disneyland, and then the parks in other countries! Baby steps, though.

I also work as a Barista at Starbucks. I can honestly say that I have never been happier at a job in my entire life, and I plan on being there for a while. Also, the menu never gets boring! Being able to come up with the craziest drinks is awesome!

I really love to write, and my mom still finds passages from stories I made up when I was in kindergarten. I hope that everything I write for this team can inspire, reach out to, and inform everyone that reads it! Even if it's a good laugh or a new food item for you to try, I hope that you can take something from my page, and I look forward to creating!