Meatballs in the Crock-Pot Recipes

Meatballs in the Crock-Pot Recipes

Party Friendly, Appetizing, Deliciously Cooked Meatballs

539
www.theoookierookie.com

Meatballs can be a party favorite appetizer. There are so easy to make, and can even be bought pre-cooked at the grocery store. The following recipes are crowd-pleasing as they are tasty, quick, and inexpensive to make. All you need is to employ the help of a Crock-Pot or slow cooker, and a few key ingredients. These recipes can be made on the stove top too if preferred.

Sweet BBQ Grape Jelly Meatballs

Ingredients

1-Two bags of Armour Original or Homestyle party size meatballs (you can choose the taste and ball size you prefer).

2-One 18 oz. bottle of Sweet Ray's Brown Sugar barbeque sauce.

3-A 18 oz. Welch's Concord Grape Jam container.

4-Kraft's Parmesan Cheese for garnish (optional).

Recipe

In your Crock-pot mix the content of the SR's barbecue sauce with the grape jam. Whisk the ingredients together until a unified mixture has formed. Pour the two bags of meatballs into the mixture and with a large serving spoon coat the meatballs. Once all meatballs have been coated with the mix, distribute them evenly in the pot, cover your Crock-pot and set the temperature to high. Stir the meatballs occasionally to avoid them from sticking together. Cook the meatballs until they appear caramelized. Set your Crock-pot to warm. Now, you can have your guests serve themselves the meatballs from your pot. Just remember to set a serving spoon, plates, toothpicks, and napkins next to you Crock-pot for serving.

These meatballs can be served as a side dish, with mixed vegetables and brown rice. Your favorite hot sauce can be used as one of the ingredients for added spiciness. This recipe can also be substituted with Ketchup instead of BBQ sauce. Raspberry and/or strawberry preserves can be used too instead of grape jelly/jam. This feeds up to 10 guests.

Meatballs in Marinara Sauce

Ingredients

1- Two bags of Cooked Perfect Homestyle party size meatballs.

2- One 16 oz. jar Ragu Italian Marinara sauce.

3- One Contandina tomato paste 4 oz. can.

4- 3 tablespoons of Goya Olive Oil

5- 3 tablespoons of salt

6-2 teaspoons of Domino sugar.

7- 2 cups of water.

Recipe

Pour the two cups of water into Crock-pot. Follow by pouring the whole content of the Ragu sauce along with Goya Olive Oil. Whisk together water, sauce and olive oil. Add the meatballs. Spread meatballs evenly in the pot making sure they are covered with the sauce mix. Set the Crock-pot on high. After 20 minutes of cooking time stir the meatballs and add 4 oz.of tomato paste, salt, and sugar. Stir meatballs once again to avoid sticking. If desired you can add parsley, cilantro, and oregano to taste. Let the meatballs cook for another hour. Take out of meatballs and taste it to see if thoroughly cooked. Once meatballs are ready serve them with a side of pasta of your choice. Best choice to go would be spaghetti.

Just cook your pasta according to package instructions. Rinse the pasta and serve meatballs on top and pour some sauce. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.

Or serve on a toasted baguette for a meatball sandwich.

Sweet and Sour Spicy Meatballs

Ingredients

1- Two bags of your favorite brand frozen meatballs. Another great brand is Shady Brooks Homestyle turkey meatballs.

2- One Sweet Baby Ray's 18 oz. Chili Sauce.

3- 1 Sweet Baby Ray's 18 oz. Sweet and Sour Sauce.

4- 8 oz. of Smucker's Apricot preserves (half jar)

Recipe

In your Crock-pot combine Chili Sauce, Sweet and Sour Sauce and Apricot preserves. Whisk all ingredients together until a new mixture is combined. A spatula can be used too. Set your Crockpot to low for 20 minutes and proceed to make your meatballs. If, using Shady Brook Homestyle Turkey Balls just add them after 5 minutes. Then, increase the temperature to high. Let cook for an hour and a half. Meatballs are cooked when the sauce is simmering and balls appear caramelized. Serve as an appetizer or as a side dish with French fries or mash potatoes.

These recipes are very easy to follow. Plus, they have the advantage of costing very little. Remember you can use any brand of frozen meatballs you like or follow your favorite recipe. Hope you try them and enjoy them.