11 Marvel Movies To Watch Before You See 'Avengers: Endgame'

11 Marvel Movies To Watch Again To Prepare Yourself For 'Avengers: Endgame'

Make sure that you're ready for the newest Avengers movie.

181

It's finally April, which means that it's finally the month of the release of the biggest Marvel movie of the year! "Avengers: Endgame" is one of the most highly-anticipated movies of the year for Marvel, and if you're a Marvel fan, you're probably counting down the days until its release. However, in the meantime, you can rewatch all of the Marvel movies that connect to "Avengers: Endgame" to prepare yourself for its release. There are so many movies that it will definitely keep you occupied until "Endgame" is released.

So here are 11 Marvel movies that you can watch to prepare yourself for the final Avengers movie.

1. The Captain America movies

The movies to start with are the Captain America movies. It starts with "Captain America: The First Avenger," which then follows into two others, "Winter Soldier" and "Civil War." It's a great way to start watching the Avengers since it sets up the rest of the movies.

2. The Iron Man movies

This is important since Iron Man is in every single "Avengers" movie. His character plays a vital role in most of the movies, which is why it's important to watch the background of his character. It's also great to see how his character evolved over time. Just make sure that you watch "Iron Man 3" after "Avengers" since it directly follows after the first "Avengers" movie.

3. The Thor movies

You definitely have to watch the Thor movies in order to understand some of the background or information in the "Avengers" movies. It's important to watch them to remember everything about Thor's character and remember all of the information about some of the characters in the movies. Especially "Ragnarok," which presents a lot of important events that lead directly into the "Avengers" movie.

4. "The Incredible Hulk"

Even though Hulk is played by a different actor, this movie is still important to see. It sets up the background of the Hulk and at least gives you some understanding of the character. It's also great to compare the two different actor's portrayals.

5. The last two "Avengers" movies

This one is obvious. You should watch the last two "Avengers" movies to remember everything that happened before "Avengers: Endgame," and it's also important for being re-introduced to the characters. It's also fun to watch how the story has evolved over time and a great way to get yourself ready for the final "Avengers" movie.

6. "Black Panther"

Black Panther's character is another big protagonist presented in the "Avengers" movies. He's also played a role in some of the other Marvel movies such as "Captain America: Civil War," which was when he was first introduced. It's best you watch it after the third "Captain America" movie though since the events in the movie happen recently after the events in "Captain America: Civil War.".

7. "Spider-Man: Homecoming"

Peter Parker played a big role in the last "Avengers" movie. "Spider-Man: Homecoming" will help give you more background on his character, and it helps you remember how his character got involved with the Avengers. So, it's best you should go back and rewatch the movie to look for any details or clues about the next movie.

8. The "Guardians of the Galaxy" movies

It's a good idea to also go back and watch both movies in order to know important information that is based on the plot of both "Avengers: Infinity War" and the new upcoming movie. There are a lot of characters and information from this movie are relevant to the "Avengers" movie. So if you can, you should go back and watch both movies so that you're caught up on everything that happened before the new movie is released.

9. The "Ant-Man" movies

Since Ant-Man plays an important role in "Avengers: Endgame," you should probably go back and watch some of the movies on his character again. It's important to know how he started and where his character came from. So if you haven't already, you should rewatch both of the "Ant-Man" movies.

10. "Doctor Strange"

A lot of the information from this movie sets up both "Avengers: Infinity War" and the newest "Avengers" movie. This movie introduces the idea of the Infinity Stones and gives you some context as to what they are along with where Doctor Strange's character is involved. I actually tried watching "Avengers: Infinity War" before watching "Doctor Strange" and was confused about the Infinity Stones. After watching "Doctor Strange," I realized there was a lot of information that I missed from skipping the movie. Make sure you don't forget to rewatch "Doctor Strange" so that you're ready for the new "Avengers" movie.

11. "Captain Marvel"

You should definitely consider watching "Captain Marvel" since her character will play a huge role in the "Avengers: Endgame." Watching the movie will help you to understand where her character came from and how she knows Nick Fury. Plus, the movie gives us a short clip of the next "Avengers" movie at the end of the credits.

If you find yourself bored waiting for the new "Avengers" movie, you should check out watching all of the movies from this list! There is a lot of information presented in the "Avengers" movies, and all of the information is tied in with the other Marvel movies. So if you find that you have any time during the weeks before the "Avengers: Endgame" release, you should definitely have a Marvel movie night and go back and watch all of the movies during the week!