Marsha P Johnson Was A Victim Of Hate. So Why Aren't We Doing Something?

She was a part of the LGBTQ+ community, and we failed to protected her.

31

Have you ever noticed that people want to assume the position of someone who is different? Some people don't like different, because they want to stick to what is defined as normal. People never want to change, nor prevent negativity that causes change. When I think about this theory, I think about Marsha P Johnson. On July 6, 1992, legendary drag queen, gay activist, and AIDS activist Marsha P Johnson was found in the Hudson River, and it is still unsolved till this day. Its unsolved because the NYPD chose to throw the case away and assume it as a suicide. Yet, some people still question it till this day.

The Netflix film, "The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson," shows a documentary of who Marsha P. Johnson was, and what will she be known for. In the film, Victoria Cruz seeks to find the truth. She seeks to find what really happened to Marsha P. Johnson. Yet, there's was a balance of seeking justice, and obtaining silence. There's so many reasons why people don't try to finish this case, because of society.

I have many theories about what happened to Marsha P. Johnson. Why? Because she truly didn't deserve that. Justice should be served no matter who you are. The disagreement between the LGBTQ+ community, and the rest of the world continues. Yet, this disagreement should not intertwine with justice. If there is one theory that I have about her death, its that someone from the NYPD had something to do with her death, and the NYPD covered it up.

Friends of Marsha P.Johnson saw her get in a car with men, and warned her not to get in the car. After that, her friends never saw her again. The reason why I have this theory, is because the way the case quickly was solved. This was solved in one day, and it ruled as a suicide. Yet, friends of Marsha P. Johnson say that she never showed any signs of depression, or signs of wanting to commit suicide. Also, when they found her, there was a hole in the back of her head. So how was this a suicide?

That's why I ask the NYPD, "why did you quickly ruled Marsha P. Johnson's death as a suicide?" If there was an issue, or even there was a gut feeling that she was killed, there wasn't any way that this can't be solved? But if anything, I believed that they looked at Marsha P.Johnson as a mentally ill drag queen, and someone who had sex for survival, and they quickly assumed. They assumed that she made someone angry, and she deserved it. Or someone who supported the LGBTQ+ community, and they turned the other cheek.

I truly believed that we failed Marsha P.Johnson. Marsha was an African American drag queen. There are so many controversies and theories about what happened to Marsha P. Johnson. There is a reason why no one is talking about this. For people who have suffered hate crimes, justice is coming. Some way and some how, justice is coming. From Marsha P.Johnson to Dana Martin, JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED BECAUSE YOU ARE HUMAN.