Every MARINA Song, Ranked

Every MARINA Song, Ranked

I painfully ranked every MARINA song so you don't have to. MARINA is my absolute favorite singer, so it was so hard to determine the ranking. These are my official rankings.

6279
Every MARINA Song, Ranked
Daulton Beck

For those of you who don't know, MARINA, formerly known as "Marina and the Diamonds", is a British singer-songwriter who has released four major albums to critical acclaim (she is *that* good) which have spawned the hits, "Oh No!," "How to Be a Heartbreaker," "Froot," and "Baby". She has been working on her fifth album over the past year and I honestly cannot wait to hear it.

So, in celebration of her as an artist and for the continuation of this ranking series, I have decided to rank every commercially released song by MARINA.

This list does include some technically unreleased songs, but they are officially recognised by YouTube for copyright strikes and Marina herself has even performed some of these songs live. Without further adieu, let's get started!

70. Weeds

I have literally never listened to more than 30 seconds, total of this song. This song was featured on her album "FROOT" but honestly it should have been replaced by an unreleased track on this list.

69. Just Desserts (ft. Charli XCX)

This song was purely promotional and it is well-made. The reason I ranked this song second to last in this descending list is "that froot looks familiar". If you know, you know.

68: Baby (Clean Bandit, MARINA, Luis Fonsi)

In this triple collaboration a beautiful beat came through, with Marina's vocals reigning... not very supreme. Not going to lie, as big of a hit that this was, I felt like the song's key was slightly out of Marina's range. Also, during the live performances, Luis Fonsi was not present for any of them.

67: Bad Kidz

This song is one of the few technicalities. The only way you can officially hear this song is on vinyl, on the backside of the "Hollywood" vinyl that is no longer sold. Also, the production seems unfinished to me, but the lyrics are fun.

66: You

This song is from her most recent album "Love + Fear." It is a good song, nothing wrong with it, but recently a demo version of this song leaked and honestly it is SOOO much better than the album version. it is much more fun. Listen here for a good time.

65: The Family Jewels (song)

This song is also a technically released song, being only featured on the Japanese version of the album of the same title. For that, I rank this at 65.

64: Forget

This song was really good, the music video is very glam. However, the song didn't do quite well in my opinion compared to the other singles she released alongside it.

63: Better Than That

This song is about Ellie Goulding AND YOU KNOW THAT MARINA.

62: Fear and Loathing

This song is quite lovely. I like the music video of this song, which serves as the opening to the world and mind of "Electra Heart". However, this song is nearly seven minutes long.

61: Solitaire

This song is also very beautiful, featured on her album 'FROOT'.

60: Valley of the Dolls

This song is solely inspired by the movie of the same name. I recently watched that movie and it was really good, it captures Hollywood to a T and I think that is what Marina really was going for.

59: True

True (2019) - Marina Diamandis

This song is honestly a bop, but it was very commercial in my opinion. I think Marina has a much better range than cut and dry pop songs. I do love the meaning of this song though, which is to stay true to yourself. I also love the acoustic video so much, which is what Marina is also known for.

58: Girls

As much fun as this song is, there simply are better bangers.

57: Soft to Be Strong

Another beautiful song. That is it.

56: Karma

This song was really good. However, she fooled us all when she put this as an acoustic video instead of an actual video. It showed up as a single one day on Spotify and me and other stans thought she was gonna release a video soon. However, she didn't so I'm mad.

55: Gold

I absolutely love this song so much, but Marina, we get it, you're Greek and you speak Greek.

54: Believe in Love

Honestly there is nothing wrong with this song. I love how she uses this song to open her "fear" portion of her tour. A sad bop.

53: Rootless

This song is a lowkey bop on 'The Family Jewels' and that is about it.

52: Too Afraid

This is SUCH a low-key bop. I really resonate with this song in my recent discoveries of myself.

51: Enjoy Your Life

This song is similar with "True" in meaning and kinda a similar formula of song. its just more fun to see her perform it live.

50: Savages

I absolutely loved this song so much when it came out. It is also one of my big inspirations to write songs with a political message too. However, during her 2015 "Neon Nature" Tour, I had to close my eyes because this song was flashing lights the whole time. Still enjoyed it though.

49: I'm a Ruin

I absolutely love this song with my whole heart. However beautiful the music video was, though, it seemed to fall short of what I imagined it would be. It's the only video in the era's series that does not seem to fit the retro/growth theme that was 'FROOT'.

48: Buy the Stars

This song is a sad bop. It is ONLY available on the UK Deluxe version of Electra Heart, so I'm mad at her for that. Thus, I rank it at 48.

47: Are You Satisfied?

This song is the opening track on her debut album 'The Family Jewels'. it is very quirky and it is extremely dark which is why I was really attracted to this song at first. However, now I don't really resonate with it so I don't listen to it as often anymore.

46: No More Suckers

This song is an absolute banger and it's so catchy. but there are other songs that are more catchy.

45: About Love

Honestly this was a sell out single. It was a bop though cause her voice is amazing. That's it.

44: If I Left the World (Gryffin ft. MARINA and Model Child)

This song was like promo'd I think once on her Twitter account. I forgot she had this song as part of her discography. it is great tho and her voice is amazing on the track as usual.

43: Guilty

I recently got back into this song. It is honestly a weird mix of slow song and a fast paced song at the same time. I think it's the heavy piano in the song.

42: Electra Heart (Song)

This is such a banger. The whole song is amazing and I think this song should have been included on 'Electra Heart', but she did make a music video for this song as the kickoff of the 'Electra Heart' era, which verifies it is an official release. This song also is on Spotify under Betatraxx's channel, which features a classical version and a longer remixed version.

41: To Be Human

This song is another political bop. She talks mainly about the differences in the world and recently she updated the music video with recent footage of the Black Lives Matter movement. The bridge of this song is also iconic with the he-said-she-said kind of back and forth singing with her own vocals.

40: The State of Dreaming

This song didn't do much for me alone. The music video was what really got me to like this song. All I'm gonna say is that Marina looks so good in red and in a wedding dress.

39: Immortal

This song was so lovely when it came out and when I saw her in 2015 at the LA Greek Theatre, it was the best photo I had ever taken of her. The live performances of this song are so hauntingly beautiful; I can't get the melody out of my head.

38: Numb

Another one of her songs from 'The Family Jewels' era that I started listening to again recently. It's good.

37: Can't Pin Me Down

Honestly this is such a feminist anthem. She even makes fun of it in the song. It's honestly so amazing. She is so graceful, even when she sings "time to back off motherfucker" it sounds like a holy saying.

36: Sex Yeah!

Honestly what ranks this song so high, is that it is 1.) a banger, 2.) a bop, and 3.) she sings "show our ass....ets to be free" and I think that is one of the most iconic lines on the album.

35: Happy

So this song has a really nice significance for me. I dedicated this song to an ex of mine, my first boyfriend to be exact. I loved him very much, but things did not work out for us in the end. So during the time this song came out and me dating him, I listened to it constantly, and afterwards, I did not listen to this song again until March of 2017. Now, it is a leisure song, but it still holds that significance for me.

34: Mowgli's Road

This was Marina's first major music video that I remember. I also remember that it was solely for promotional purposes before she dropped other music videos for her debut album. This song is such a weird bop but its so fun to sing along to.

33: E.V.O.L

E.V.O.L (2013) - Marina Diamandis

I AM VERY a n g r y at Marina for not officially releasing this song on Spotify. It is available through SoundCloud and she has a music video for it on YouTube as part eight of the 'Electra Heart' era music videos. This song is an ABSOLUTE banger and it always makes me jump when I hear it. She has performed it live a couple times on the Lonely Hearts Club tour and I wish I was able to see it.

32: Shampain

This was one of the songs that made me stan her so hard just by watching the music video. Even though she looked wack in it, that was the point and she still looked so beautiful. Also, the title itself is shampain. sham. pain. connect the dots.

31: Lonely Hearts Club

This song is also a banger and it's just like Buy the Stars, only available in the UK. So I am A N G R Y.

30: End of the Earth

She really should have made a music video for this one. It fared quite well on tour and it is a sad bop. The ending beats though are a little loud.

29: Hollywood

Hollywood is another one of her most commercial songs and it has been such a banger. The music video is so stunning and it's so fun to see a bunch of British people act American.

28: Hypocrates

This song has one of the best bridges in her discography. She sings on a high note, singing "yeah, you play the martyr for so long..." it is absolutely wonderful and I highly suggest that you dive into this song ASAP.

27: Hermit the Frog

This song is a wild ride from start to finish. It is one of her original songs from her career beginnings and myspace days. This song's production is very experimental for her sound at the time, but I am so glad she kept this iconic bop on her official discography. This song also spawns the lyric "you can take take you double-standard love and keep it".

26: The Outsider

I just absolutely love the production of this song. it is a very high-low-back-to-high song, almost like a rollercoaster and its amazing.

25: Disconnect

This song was premiered at coachella in 2015 with such a sonically beautiful sound and production. Marina looked so good in that yellow jacket and matching pants. However, I waited TWO YEARS for her to drop this collaboration with Clean Bandit only for the official release to be sonically different and more toned back than the premiered demo version. I love this song so much, but the end product was not my fave. Also, this was the time she began to make the move to hange her name from "Marina and the Diamonds" to just her first name, Marina. So it ranks at #25.

24: Simplify

This is technically an unreleased song, spawned from the same myspace era that "Hermit the Frog" was conceived. I include this song on this list because it is featured on her early EPs that were commercially released at the time, but it is not officially on streaming services. this is the most catchy of her early songs and it is very fun to sing along to.

23: Handmade Heaven

Handmade heaven was the lead single from her most recent project, 'Love + Fear'. This was almost like a surprise drop and the production could not have been any more beautiful. This song also is NOTHING like the rest of the album when it came as another surprise drop when she released the first part of the album, 'Love' the Thursday before she released the 'Fear' portion of the album. The music video was shot in Estonia and she looks absolutely beautiful.

22: Life is Strange

This song is featured on the 'Fear' portion of 'Love + Fear'. It is a very methodical song and it has such awesome lyrics such as " Ever since my dreams have changed, I'm crashing down like a paper plane" which I had been waiting for since the album trailer came out a month or two prior to the release itself. Sonically it is such a banger so I must rank it high.

21: Power and Control

This song and music video are AMAZING. She looks stunning in that black velvet and lace dress with her hair (which we later found out was a wig the whole time). This song tells the story progression of "Electra Heart" in her faltering relationship and further leads us down the rabbit hole of Electra's life. This song also includes the lyric, "you may be good looking, but you're not a piece of art". To me, this song is a huge play on words and it is such a contradictory song that really encapsulates the meaning and theme of the entire 'Electra Heart' era and album.

20: Orange Trees

This was the third single from her 'Love + Fear' album. It has a strong beach vibe and the music video features Marina in various swimsuits and at a resort of some sort. For me, what ranks this song so high is the change in vocal keys from the verse to the pre-chorus to the chorus. It is sonically THAT good and she looks damn good in orange and yellow.

19: I Am Not a Robot

This is one of her most popular songs in the stan community. Even Hoodie Allen is a fan and remixed this song. The music video has her covered in so much glitter I wonder how she managed to wash it all off. Excellent.

18: How To Be a Heartbreaker (HTBAHB)

HTBAHB is ICONIC. The production of this song however was meant for commercial purposes because she wrote this song AFTER the album was finished, making it the last song to be recorded for 'Electra Heart'. The music video shows her surrounded by male models and was even gathered some controversy for being flagged in some countries for being homoerotic. I love this song with my whole heart and it is still one of her most popular songs to date amongst the world, even outside of her stans and is STILL a staple on Tumblr.

17: Obsessions

This song is extremely significant in the stan community and is a fan favorite. We all can thank this song because it was the song that got her signed. She wrote, produced, and pretty much created the whole production and it is absolutely amazing.

16: Radioactive

This is the second song in the 'Electra Heart' era videos. It was the first song that really got me into Marina and was the first milestone in me stanning so hard today. Everything from the video to the chord changes in this song are literally heavenly. I was lucky enough to hear her perform this on tour because she does not perform it too often anymore.

15: Oh No!

This was the very first song I ever heard of Marina's whilst playing "Just dance" on the WII in middle school. I thought Marina was an old artist and when I came to discover she was current I started listening more and then that's when I discovered "Primadonna" and "Radioactive" and the rest is history. Also, idk if you remember that Venus razor commercial, but this song is featured in that ad and I had been listening for years before I discovered her.

14: Teen Idle

This is another stan staple and also another one of her most popular songs to date. This isa sad bop with the chord changes and the mixture of synths and piano. This whole song is about wanting to go back and change how she acted when she was younger and that resonates with me, personally. Also, the title is a play on words, Teen Idle....Teen Idol...make the connections sis! I C O N I C.

13: Superstar

This was the second single from 'Love + Fear' sonically it was interesting because she said it was a love song and revealed the title awhile before the official release, but when it came out, it astounded me and I was singing "oh oh oh oh ohhh oh" for months afterwards. This song also got a lot of mixed reviews and people didn't like the acoustic version, but personally this song is a bop and I loved it so much i put it as my favorite number. #13.

12: Primadonna

Now, THIS SONG IS FUCKING ICONIC. It is her most popular music video to date with nearly 100M views since its release in 2012. This song absolutely dominated the charts and tumblr for the entirely of the year and even years afterwards because of how catchy the song is. it features a reverse, slow chorus to begin and then a beat drop into hte verses and then a big beat drop and come down at the end with the chorus. It is absolutely a timeless banger and will FOREVER be that bitch.

11: I'm Not Hungry Anymore

This song is unreleased and honestly she should have replaced "Weeds" with it. It was one of the first songs written for 'FROOT' and it was the first teaser she put out, following a picture of her in the studio. Unfortunately she could never get the production right, but she has performed it live on the 'Love + Fear' Tour, making it a released song. At one point she said it was coming to Spotify soon, but it never happened. The song has a crazy tempo and features a more rock-sounding song with dangerously catchy vocals. She plays it on the piano during her live shows.

10: Seventeen

This is another one of her original songs from her myspace era and it is featured on 'The Family Jewels'. She does have an official video of this song as one of her earliest music videos and its vey quirky. Sonically this song was reworked from when she first produced it in GarageBand and I'm so glad she kept it on the album. it is ~chef's kiss~.

9: Living Dead

I AM VERY ANGRY FOR THIS SONG. This song is only featured on the UK Deluxe version of 'Electra Heart' and it is a BANGER. This is the first song that was written for 'Electra heart' and she performed it live at the end of her tour for 'The Family Jewels'. It is very repetitive and extremely fun to sing. It is both dreamy and dreary at the same time making it one of her best songs meKNOWS.

8: Please Don't Call Me

This song is unreleased officially and is not featured on streaming services. I have decided to put it on this list because even though this song is on youtube unofficially and soundcloud too, some videos had been flagged for copyright, meaning this song was originally supposed to be on the album but was probably scrapped at the last minute. Some say that this song was supposed to replace a certain track on 'Fear' but i'm glad she didn't replace it. It is sonically so beautiful and I love the verses and the chorus. This song had such potential to be a huge hit but Marina writes fro her fans and herself and I also respect that about the decision. You can listen to it here and let me know your thoughts.

7: Blue

This si also one of the best songs off of 'Froot'. Everything from the song itself to the video is amazing. That's all I gotta say.

6: Homewrecker

This song is a fucking BANGER. I also bop out to this song every time it comes on, which is daily at this point since i heard it in 2012. The vocals, the lyrics, the production itself is an EDM B A N G E R. Please listen to this song you wont regret it. This song also features the iconic lyric line, "I broke a million hearts just for fun".

5: Lies

This os one of Marina's most iconic songs as well. She performs this song live at many of her shows and it is beautiful every time. She performed this song on Conan I believe and she had a completely different verse than the album. version and ugh i freaking love it so much. The music video is the penultimate installment in the 'Electra Heart' video series and tells us the ending of "Electra Heart"

4: Starring Role

This song is astounding. It was accompanied by a live acoustic video that has always been a fan favorite and it is one of my ultimates that I can't go a day without listening to. It is THAT GOOD and I highly suggest you listen to it. She has both the demo and album versions on her YouTube and both are so sonically beautiful.

3: Emotional Machine

Marina performing "Emotional Machine" in Queens, NY at the Neon Gold X Celebration.

Daulton Beck

This was a song that is very dear to me and her fans who watched her premiere it live at the Neon Gold X Celebration in September of 2018. This song had been teased by Marina for almost a year before the album version was released. I had been waiting for this song for so long and when I finally heard it live, I immediately was drawn to it. I also was front row and I have a video of her blowing a kiss into my camera. It was iconic.

2: FROOT (Song)

FROOT Music Video Still

'FROOT' (2014) - Marina Diamandis

This song was the lead single of her 'Froot' era and also remains a fan favorite. The video and the song was very retro/80s disco and it was stunning. I have watched this video and listened to this song probably a million times. This also was Marina's first song to reach a million views in 24hrs upon release. Also, it is her longest song to date with it being originally nearly 8 minutes long, 5:30 for the album version and about 4:30 for the music video version. She looks stunning in the video.

Recently she showed us the production of it in Logic and she has noted that this song has many different chords, and it was very complicated, but she plays this song on almost (if not every) live performance. She seems to really love playing it and we certainly love hearing her sing it, especially the long note in the bridge.

1: Bubblegum Bitch

I C O N I C. This song is my ultimate favorite song by Marina. Deserved a music video. This song is also one of her most popular songs, constantly in the top 5 of her discography and always streams well and is an absolutely BOP. It is the opening track of 'Electra Heart' spawning the lyric "Welcome to the life of Electra Heart" in a 158 beat tempo! it is so fun and sonically I fucking love it to the hilt. She also performs this song on every single one of her live shows and she has said multiple times that this is her favorite song to perform on stage.