Best Spring Songs Of March

Best Spring Songs Of March

My favorite tunes of the month of March.

13
Best Spring Songs Of March

March is an exciting month: Shamrock shakes, spring break, and most importantly, a new spring playlist. Here are some March tunes that should make their way into your April playlist.

1. "July" by Noah Cyrus

This song is a very vulnerable and lyrically mature song. Noah tells a story about a toxic relationship where neither of the people involved is happy. The couple is not in a relationship because they love each other, but because they fear what will happen when they no longer are in a familiar situation. This song is very emotionally raw and explains the mindset of a person who is in an emotionally abusive relationship. The emotional confusion in the situation is illustrated with grace and really shows how hard it can be to get out of an abusive relationship. She does an amazing job of portraying what it's like to be in a relationship that you know is broken, but still want to stay in.

2. "Falling" by Harry Styles

Harry Styles does it again. This song is off his Sophomore album that was released this past December. This song quickly became one of my favorites due to its phenomenal storytelling and vulnerable lyrics. This song paints a picture of a breakup and the process of trying to pick up the pieces after everything fell into shambles. The narrator questions who they are and what the ex now thinks of them. He also does an amazing job spilling the raw emotions that come after a breakup. Harry has definitely broken out of the "boy band" box that he originally had while in One Direction. I think the change in genre and music style has really helped his solo career flourish.

3. "Before You Go" by Lewis Capaldi

Lewis Capaldi has taken over all of my playlists. He is not only an exceptional singer but a gifted lyricist as well. This song is described as one of his more personal songs and I can definitely see why. The song touches base on all the emotions and questions one might have after losing a loved one. I think this song resonates with me so deeply because I have found myself wondering the exact same things he talks about in the song. He so gracefully wears his heart on his sleeve and is able to turn his feeling into such intimate musical masterpieces.

4. "Modern Loneliness" by Lauv

Lauv has a unique way of combining very intimate lyrics with upbeat music. This creates a style of "pop" music that still makes people analyze what the artist is trying to say. This song is no different. He took a very real and relatable scenario, in this case, depression and loneliness, and put it with upbeat music and made a catchy chorus. This is a clever way to get people talking about otherwise taboo situations. He explains how in today's society we are really never alone, thanks to social media, but yet always feel lonely. I feel like this is a very common and unspoken feeling among today's youth. Growing up with social media, and the unrealistic expectations that come with it, absolutely take a toll on people.

5. "Going up the Coast" by Clay and Friends

This song is definitely the most upbeat of this month's recap. This song is just the definition of a road trip song. It's upbeat, catchy, and just all-around fun. The lyrics shed light on what sounds like a breakup but still doesn't fail on making me super happy. The beat makes it nearly impossible to not dance to and the chorus is extremely catchy. overall, it is just a really fun and flow song.

6. "Are You Bored Yet?" by Wallows (Ft. Clairo)

You may know the lead singer of this band from his star role as Clay Jenson in 13 Reasons Why. This indie/alt band composed of Dylan Minnette, Braeden Lemasters, and Cole Preston. The band has an overall punk vibe with an alternative style. This particular song talks about a young couple who are just going through the motions. One half of the couple is questioning if the relationship is even worth it. They wonder if they will regret wasting this time together in the future. This band has a very mature and creative way of looking at common situations and really making you think about the lyrics. The evolved way they blend mature lyrics with fun and lively music is very unique to their sound.

These were some of my favorites in March, and hopefully, they can be some of your favorites in April, too.