Three Easy Steps For Managing Stress

Three Easy Steps For Managing Stress

17
Three Easy Steps For Managing Stress
Rough City Atheletics

The college years are without a doubt some of the best years. It is the beginning of a fledgling independence and fresh start in a new place. While college is inarguably some of the most exciting years, it can also be some of the most stressful. Decisions made can affect decisions that will be made even years down the road. When thinking about it, it can be easy to become overwhelmed with stress and anxiety. Some simple choices can help keep the worries at bay.

1. Do something you love.

Take some time out of your hectic life to invest in some of your hobbies. For instance, I might take a walk/hike or write to ease some of my stress. Dancing, jogging, swimming, or even just taking a relaxing drive around town can help you take some time away from the things that are bothering you and help make things more manageable.

2. Talk to someone you trust.

Sometimes as humans, we just need to be heard. We want to feel like what we say matters and what is going on in our lives is important. It is okay to talk to friends or family that you are close to, just also know not to do so to the extent that they do not want to be around you anymore. Friends love to help, but not even the best of friends want to be with a negative Nancy all the time.

3. Step away.

When things begin to become overwhelming, it is okay to take a small break from the things that are bothering you. Go out and take that walk, or go on that jog or drive. Do what you have to do so that you can clear your mind and come back with a fresh start.