Making New Year Resolutions Are Too Good To Be True

People do not stick with them throughout the year.

65
Unsplash

When it is towards the end of the year people get excited, because it is almost over, and they would like to start fresh in the new year. This is where making resolutions for the new year comes in. The most common resolutions that are made are to lose weight, get a better job, get out of toxic relationships, and to find new love. They are realistic resolutions, but the problem is that people do not stick with them throughout the year.

Here is a saying that I agree with, “Actions speak louder than words.” I am sure we have said this to people, or people have constantly reminded us of this when trying to prove a point. This especially applies to making resolutions for the new year.

People are excited to stick with their resolutions at the beginning of the month. But by the end of the month, they are tired of trying to achieve them. I am not afraid to admit, that I am guilty of making resolutions, and not hanging in there by acting to achieve them. It felt like a daily chore to remember the resolutions I made to want to change for the better.

Instead of making resolutions, you could make a bucket list of your goals, and write them down on paper. You are more likely to accomplish them by seeing them written down. Most people write down important tasks they need to complete every day.

Completing your goals will take a lot of hard work. Why should there be more stress added on to that? By using a bucket list, when you complete your goals you will feel proud of yourself because you did not give up.