Making Mistakes Is A Part Of Life

Making Mistakes Is A Part of Life - And I'm Cool With That

"If I make some mistakes here and there, I'm cool with that. What I'm not cool with is growing old and wishing I could redo these years over again..."

47
Credit: Instagram@TeenageOvercast

I've been working on myself for a while now- I've been trying a lot of new things, talking to a lot of new people, and letting myself do some things that I never would have in the past. From these new experiences have come to a lot of differences in my life- some have been bad, and some have been good. I won't even lie- I've been making a lot of mistakes lately, but like, I simply wouldn't have it any other way. Am I happier than I was a year ago today? I genuinely do believe that I am. Despite any ill circumstances that I've been dealing with, and despite any of the mistakes I've been coming across on my journey to finding myself, I really truly am so happy with myself and I know it's because I've been having the time of my life allowing myself to experience all that life has to offer. I never really recognized before all of the opportunities and exciting things that I have the ability to come across if I just am bold and let myself take some new risks, adventures, and opportunities.

Am I going to make a mistake eventually, or get my heart broken, or do some things I may regret one day? Honestly- yeah. I know I'm gonna make a mistake sometime or another. In fact, I have already made plenty. Here's the thing, though. Lately, I've had a new philosophy, and it might be a little bit risky, but I'm okay with that. Recently, I've been living with a new mindset. I've been feeling like maybe it's okay to make mistakes- life is short. I won't sugarcoat it. Life is short and I know that pretty darn soon I'll be out of high school and I'll be in the real world- well, college, which is going to be an amazing new experience but that will be a story for another day... But anyway, as I said, high school is going to be over before I know it and I just cannot bear to have to one day look back and realize I didn't make the most of my four years. I'm not saying that high school is going to be the peak of my life, but what I am saying is that I'm going to do my best to make these four years as exciting, fun, purposeful, and successful as they possibly can be.

I just want every season of my life to be the best it can possibly be. If I make some mistakes here and there, I'm cool with that. What I'm not cool with is growing old and wishing I could redo these years over again. I'm realizing on my journey to finding myself that the point of life is to be happy. I always used to question life. I was pretty dramatic- I would always wonder what could possibly be the point of life, and what the heck I should do with mine. Well, the point of life is becoming pretty clear to me nowadays... It's literally just to be happy. Why are we here? I will never know why, and I will never really understand why. But, I'm not going to waste any more time on contemplating the point of life when I could just be happy, live, and let live. I'm gonna make mistakes. I'm gonna be bold. I'm gonna take risks.

I'm going to be happy.

And so are you.