What’s The Deal With Women Wearing Makeup Anyways?

Makeup is a form of empowerment for both men and women it should not be seen as a way to hide insecurities.

332

Many people do not understand why makeup is worn. Many believe it has to do with insecurities, self-esteem issues, and more positive attention to their appearance. However, makeup is more used for empowerment and creativity for both men and women rather than a mask to cover themselves up.

Makeup has been around since ancient Egypt. It would be used for both men and women of all social statuses. According to Reader's Digest, they used makeup.

Makeup is a skill that is used because people enjoy it or appreciate it, obviously, it is not for everyone, but the people that use makeup, use it as a way of armor to empower themselves and the way they feel. It is no different from any other form of self-care people use for empowerment or to feel stronger.

According to Refinery29, our relationship with makeup has evolved over the years it is no longer seen as a way to impress men, but it is a celebration of oneself.

Using makeup gives people a chance to control the way they look and gives them a way to express themselves in their daily lives.

According to Bustle, "they are taking control of their own image and using makeup in a way that empowers them. And that is extremely cool."

Makeup is not limited to just women; it can be used for men as well. For instance, back in 2016, James Charles was the first male Covergirl. This allows all people to be involved in the empowerment and creativity that makeup gives us.

According to Health, beauty is for everyone, no matter what you look like or who you are that is what makes it so amazing.