5 Ways To Make The Most Out Of Your Morning

Not a productive morning person? Here's how you can change that!

34

I have slowly evolved into being a morning person over the last few years because school has required it of me. Some mornings I'm productive, and others I'm literally running to class in what I wore the night before. Mornings are never easy for me, but I try to make the best of them. Starting your day with productivity is the key to avoiding stress at the end of the day.

Here are some ways to make the most out of your morning!

Establish a routine

Set your alarms for the same time each morning and night. The earlier you go to bed, the better chance you have to get up on time and get things done. Routines get easier over time!

Organize a To-Do list

Whether it's for the whole week, or just day-by-day, this will declutter your mind significantly. Personally, my sanity depends on these lists because otherwise all that info is just stuck inside my head with nowhere to go. Just make sure to avoid making the daily list too long because it could feel overwhelming if not all tasks are completed.

Touch base with family and friends

Some mornings, when I have time, I like to FaceTime my mom. She's usually up around the same time, and it's always great to catch up. Feeling connected with others during the week is important and can be a positive start to the day!

Do a small task

I know week-day mornings are pretty hectic, but if you find yourself with extra time, do something small like unloading the dishwasher. Loading the dishwasher, cleaning the litter box, taking out the trash, clearing a table, etc. can really help you out later. On one of my favorite podcasts, "Happier" with Gretchen Rubin and Elizabeth Craft, they discuss following the "one-minute rule" to make life easier.

Make breakfast

I can't tell you how many times I've skipped breakfast since I started college. Make an effort to eat something small, like cereal or a Pop Tart. If you're feeling fancy, make eggs or oatmeal. Just eat something so you don't feel starved by noon. It's simple, but so important!