Life's Obstacles Don't Always Take The Victory

Life is hard, but make sure you're stronger.

18

Saying that life is difficult is an understatement. We're thrown wrench after wrench and sometimes we just can't dodge them. Battered and bruised we pick ourselves back up and walk away from the rubble only to be knocked back down again. Though it may seem impossible at the time, life's obstacles don't always take the victory.

In these times you must understand that at the end you will come out a stronger person than you were before. You will come out of the wreckage with emotional maturity and strength. Each obstacle that you overcome will mold you into someone that you can be proud of. After the smoke clears you'll be able to look back and see just how strong you actually are. You'll be able to recognize you're growth, even if it is small.

This doesn't mean that one should take obstacles lightly. Push through them and don't give up. Giving up is not the same as overcoming. When you give up you forfeit the strength that you would have gained. You forfeit bettering yourself. Never get so down on yourself that you count yourself out. You are always in the fight if you believe that you are.

Always remember that you cannot compare your obstacles to those around you because each person fights a different battle. Your wrench may look different than the person next to you but they hurt just the same. In turn, never compare your success to others because each day is sunny in its own way. Though it is important to celebrate, never push others down to get there.

With all of this being said, cherish the days that are obstacle free. Take advantage of the moments that seem like they're too good to be true. Brace yourself for the worst but always expect the best because at the end of each rainbow is a pot of gold. Life is always going to be tough, just make sure that you're stronger.