Let's Make Some Life Lemonade

Let's Make Some Life Lemonade

How to turn any situation into life into a sweet and tangy drink!

3

When things go wrong in your life, how do you accept the situation? I tend to do a lot of overthinking and then talking to my mom and then I take some of these things into consideration.

1. Accept the situation 

People are really bad at accepting what is happening in the here and now. How many times in your life have you looked at what was going on in your life and said to yourself "yeah, this is just the way it is and I cannot do anything about it nor can I complain about my current predicament." I would assume not many times. I'm an optimist, so I like to believe that people really can do things that they originally believe they couldn't, but in all reality EVERYONE struggles with this step. That's why it's the very first step of making your sweet, sweet lemonade. We as humans have to accept our situation as is. No tricks or gimmicks, but accept what is and move forward.

2. Be rational 

Now look me dead in the screen and say to yourself "I am a rational person and can adequately use my words to have a rational conversation with someone and I can effectively think rationally without letting all of the other stuff get in the way of what's really going on." I definitely did say the word rational approximately 100 different times, anyways this is something that I've personally had troubles with, cause I do everything based off of what I'm feeling in the moment. Take a breath. Step back. Sleep on it. Go for a run. Eat some ice cream. Do whatever you need to do to get out of your own head for a bit and come back to the situation with a fresh set of eyes. Don't take forever, just take some time to yourself to review what you're feeling and may want and need in the end.

3. Think 

Oh man this is the most important step of them all! Think about what your mom would do. Think about what Jesus would do. Think about what your five year old self would do. As long as you're rational to begin with, your thought process will follow and as long as you follow what your heart and brain want for you, then man you're golden. Don't overthink anything cause that'll get you no where, but do what's right and follow what your inner goddness is telling you to follow. Think of the other people involved and how something may affect them, but most importantly just think with the fresh set of eyes that you've gathered.

4. Make the Lemonade 

Things happen, and we have no control over it because it's life man. It's crazy and beautiful and downright amazing, but it's also hard and scary and can make you feel lost. Some of the worst days of my entire life came because of something that I can't control. That's just the way that life goes. We can either drown in our sorrow or we can make the sweet lemonade. Put your plan into action. Take your acceptance, rationality, and thought processes and turn it into something glorious. Go full force and don't look back and if your plan doesn't work then start over. It's not the end of the world, maybe that lemonade that you just made was a little too sour and maybe you need something a tad sweeter, who knows. It's your lemonade not mine.

So yeah guys, life is too cool to miss out on and I'd be really sad if I ever learned about anyone losing themselves in what they may be dealing with because they don't know how to swim. So help me help you!