How To Make A DIY Yoga Mat Spray In 6 Easy Steps

Now you'll have a quick and easy way to clean your yoga mat!

106
Really Great Goods

Using a homemade yoga mat spray has tons of benefits! For one, the essentials oils with enhance breathing during your practice. The witch hazel combined with essentials oils acts as a sanitizer to kill bacteria and germs. Plus, you will be reducing the amount of harsh chemicals on your skin. You may think creating your own spray is hard, but its actually easier than you think!

1. Find a glass or plastic spray bottle

You can find glass spray bottles at any price point from Whole Foods, Target, and Amazon! Or you can a left over spray bottle from a makeup setting spray or even perfume bottle. Just make sure all bottle being reused are cleaned out well.

2. Choose two (or more) essential oils

Finding your prefect blend is part of the fun. Combine tea tree oil and eucalyptus for a cleansing and invigorating scent. Or try lavender and eucalyptus for a more relaxing and stress reliving experience. Either way, you can't go wrong with whatever essentials oils you choose. Here is a great brand to get you started: Aura Cacia

3. Fill bottle 3/4 of the way with water

Some recipes call for distilled water, but as long as the water had been filtered you will be fine,

4. Fill bottle 1/4 of the way with alcohol free witch hazel

When picking out witch hazel make sure it does not contain any alcohol. You can even find witch hazel with essential oils already added. Try Thayers Witch Hazel from Target!

5. Add 3-5 drops of the essential oils

6. Shake & enjoy!

After each yoga session, spray your mat for a quick clean. You can also use your spray as a room spray for a quick burst of relaxation.

Recipe for spray based from: Yoga With Adrienne