Maintaining The Well-being of Your Pet Cats

Cats can have various diseases and injuries. Proper care, grooming, and red light therapy can help in maintaining good health for them.

9
Photo by Eric Han on Unsplash

Are you a cat parent?

Are you taking good care of your favorite companion?

Good foods are not enough to ensure the best health for your cat. You will need to make sure it is not developing any diseases as well.

Take your cat to a veterinarian once a year. Regular check-ups allow you to detect your pet's health concerns before further complications. You will also need to take your cat there whenever the first sign of sickness appears.

This article will discuss some ways to keep your cat healthy between visits to your cat's veterinarian.

Grooming Cat's Fur

Regular brushing and combing your cat's fur helps it greatly. Combing removes dead hair from your cat's fur. Therefore, your cat won't swallow loose fur while self-grooming.

Also, grooming allows you to notice any unusual changes in your cat's body. If you find any sore spots, lumps, or bumps, you can treat those within a short time.

Give Your Cat Fresh Water Daily

Freshwater is essential for your cat's health. Some cats may not prefer to drink from a bowl. You can offer it water from a cat fountain or a glass. Make sure to give it fresh water every day.

Clean Litter Box Daily

Regularly cleaning your cat's litter box can help you detect any problems in your cat much earlier. Any changes in its stool or urine can mean serious health conditions.

If your cat is urinating outside its litter box, it may be a sign of urinary tract infection. So, check if the litter is clean. If the litter is clean, make sure to take your cat to a veterinarian.

Keep one extra litter box for your cats. If you have multiple cats, make sure you have multiple litter boxes.

Give a Scratching Post to Your Cat

Every cat owner is familiar with the tension between your cat and the mats in your house. Cats stretch their muscles and remove dead cells of their claws by scratching mats and other rough surfaces.

Give your cat cardboard, mat, or sisal to claw. It will let the cat remove old layers from its claw. Therefore, it won't claw your furniture.

Cleaning Your Cat's Teeth

Cats can develop tartar on their teeth like humans. It can cause problems in their gums and decay teeth. The bacteria build up in the cats' teeth can enter their body and cause various feline diseases.

However, most cats resist their owner's attempt to brush their teeth. Therefore, make sure to ask the veterinarian to clean your cat's teeth during your annual visit.

Spay or Neuter Your Cat

Cats can be affected by reproductive diseases. Ovarian cancer and breast tumors are common among female cats. Male cats can suffer from prostate problems or testicular cancer. So, spaying your female cats and neutering the male ones are highly recommended.

Neutering your male cats reduces their urge to roam and mark their territory by spraying. Also, it will help in controlling your pet population.

Light Therapy for Your Cat

Light therapy can help your cats greatly. It energizes the body cells and helps these cells repair damage and replicate. Red light and near-infrared light therapy penetrate your cat's skin, tissue, muscles, and bones and increase circulation.

The increased circulation helps the cat keep healthy and prevents several health concerns. Some notable health concerns light therapy can address are:

●Muscle Soreness

●Joint Pain

●Osteoarthritis

●Inflammation

●Rashes and infections

●Injuries and wounds

●Splints

●Tissue injuries

●Post-surgery pain

●Tendon problems

Red light therapy is very helpful in treating minor health conditions for your cats. All you need to do is keep your cat under the light for a few minutes. Your cat can get major relief from pain with red light therapy.

Most cats tend to go and sit under the light on their own. Sometimes you may need to hold them still for a few seconds before they settle.

Red light therapy is completely natural, non-invasive, and pain-free. Red light therapy has virtually no side effects.

Schedule Regular Veterinary Visits

Make sure to take your cat to a vet once a year. Also, vaccinate them and check if there are any health concerns for your cat.

Choosing a cat-friendly veterinarian can be a massive help. Remember, dogs and cats are completely different species.

Final Words

Your pet is your best friend. Maintaining their good health should be a part of your everyday chores. You can keep them healthy when you follow the above procedures.

Red light therapy is very helpful when your cat has minor injuries and health conditions. This therapy can address those discomforts and aid in curing them rapidly.

Make sure to build a good relationship with your cat's veterinarian. They can help your pet maintain the best health and give you tips for taking care of them properly.