Maintain a healthy lifestyle, it won't happen over night

Rome Wasn't Built In A Day, It Takes Time To Develop A Healthy Lifestyle

Reaching goals takes time and effort. It won't happen overnight.

150
https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/first-few-moments-working-out-hard

While it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, it is equally as important to set realistic goals. Reaching goals takes time and effort. It won't happen overnight. By obtaining a healthy lifestyle, it allows you to have more energy and a positive outlook on life. It makes you feel better physically and mentally so check out five different ways to develop a healthy lifestyle!

1. Create realistic goals, yet specific goals.

Take into consideration your time, schedule, any physical limitations, etc. Push yourself, but don't push yourself to the point when you injure yourself. Write down all your goals because you are more likely to remember what you are trying to achieve.

Here is an example:

Fitness Goals

-Cut out dairy

-Drink protein shakes for breakfast and lunch

-Workout daily for at least 30 minutes

-Tone muscle

When you create and write down the list, it seems more realistic and specifically geared toward what you want to do. Everybody has different fitness goals, so do not compare them with others. Ask for help and advice, but make sure that if you end up getting ideas from someone else, it will help you in the long run.

2. Be active.

Whatever you choose to do, be active! Whether that is doing sports, or running, or hitting the gym, do something! I know so many people HATE RUNNING! Trust me I know! You either love it or you hate it. I personally have a love-hate relationship with it. It's ok to love running and it is ok to hate running. There are other forms of cardio to do, but it is important to have some kind of cardio in your life. Some people have told me the reason why they hate running (especially on the treadmill) is that they feel like they are not running with a purpose and that is fine. So, whatever workout you do, create a purpose so you enjoy doing it. For example, many competitive people join sports because they are running around for a purpose. For those who love running, their purpose may be because they love the outdoors, it's their time to spend time with God, or they are training for a race. Whatever you choose to do, be active and make sure to create a purpose with it.

3. Have a workout buddy.

Working out with your friend is always so much more fun! Having a friend there will allow you to have someone there to encourage you and be your cheerleader. This person can also help keep you accountable. It can be extremely hard to stay on track with your workout goals without a workout buddy. This can be your time to catch up with your friend and hang out with them during the busy semester. You can help them and they can help you with new workouts or how to best maintain a healthy living style.

4. Have fun.

Although the idea of working out sounds like torture, have fun with it! If you hate running, go play a game of ultimate frisbee or volleyball! Get a group of friends and start a game of flag football or soccer! All of these sports require some form of cardio. Working out is not meant to be easy, but it is not meant to be impossible either. Go out there and have fun with it! Be creative! You do you!

5) Enjoy your semester in a healthy and happy way.

Being healthy does not only mean working out. It also means eating healthy. It is 80% hat you eat, and only 20% working out, so what you eat DOES MATTER. It's ok to splurge once in a while, but as we are getting older and that metabolism slows down, it is important to have that reality check and look at what kind of foods you are putting into your body. Freshman 15 is a thing, so be careful! Being on your own is nice, but with freedom, comes responsibility so be responsible with how you treat your body. It is important to love your body and to be confident in what kind of body shape you have, skinny or curvy: embrace it and love it, but loving it means taking of care it. This way you can have a healthy and happy semester.