Maci DeBlanc's First Performance At The Blue Room

"I was nervous as balls," Maci DeBlanc said.

281
Ashley McMurray

You might recognize Maci DeBlanc from the Shifts, but now she has her own band. She has loved all of the bands in which she's been a member, but she said, "There's definitely something different about having my own project. It's my baby and I get to decide where I want it to go entirely. That can make the process harder though."

Maci has been working on this project since she was 12 years old, but she was worried about what other people would think. Recently, she's been more comfortable with her music and her singing voice. Her project is still a work in progress, but she's currently working on 10-15 songs.

"I was nervous as balls," Maci DeBlanc said about her first show.

Most of Maci's songs are talking about her PTSD, so they're incredibly personal and powerful. She usually chooses to write the melody first and then find the words that fit best.

"I choose Jeff and Eli to be a part of this project because I love them both dearly and they are incredible musicians. They also wanted to be a part of it, which is incredible!" Maci said.

It's very obvious that Jeff is enjoying being a part of the project.

"My favorite part about this project is finally sharing my music with others. I haven't been confident enough to share it until now, so I'm glad I'm finally sharing it," Maci said.

"I'm so glad my first performance was at the Blue Room. I kinda did that on purpose actually, because they're such great people and I love working with them," Maci said.

*Maci and I spend a few minutes talking about how lovely everyone is at the Blue Room*

Maci was happy about her first performance! She felt like her music was well-received and loved the support from the audience and her friends.

An important detail about Maci's past is she used to be a breakdancer when she was younger and she was the trumpet section leader in fourth grade.

"Music has always been a major part of my life. I mean, I was 12 years old when I wrote my first song!" Maci said.

Maci DeBlanc's next show is April 18th at Old Nicks with Spiller and possibly another band.