33 Lyrics From 'Golden Hour' That Prove It Was Worthy Of Album Of The Year

33 Lyrics From Kacey Musgraves' 'Golden Hour' That Prove It Was Worthy Of Album Of The Year

In case you need a little extra convincing, I've got you covered.

3154

Country music fans are still rejoicing over the fact that superstar Kacey Musgraves took home the Grammy for Album of the Year during the 2019 Grammy's. After all, this is the first time a country star has won Album of the Year since Taylor Swift's win for "Fearless" in 2010. Although the singles of off Musgraves' "Golden Hour" have struggled to make much traction on country radio, anyone who has truly taken the time to listen to "Golden Hour" from start to finish knows this is a work of art. I'd argue it's one of the greatest country albums of this decade, and I think the Grammy's would agree with me.

Still not convinced "Golden Hour" deserved its Grammy? Here are 33 lyrics from this album that may convince you otherwise.

"Slow Burn"

"Born in a hurry, always late, haven't been early since '88."

"Good in a glass, good in green, good when you're putting your hands all over me."

"You know the bar down the street don't close for an hour, we should take a walk and look at all the flowers."

"Old soul, waiting my turn. I know a few things, but I still got a lot to learn."

"Lonely Weekend"

"I keep lookin' at my phone, puttin' it back down, there's a little part of me that's got the fear of missin' out."

"Even if you got somebody on your mind, it's alright to be alone sometimes, sometimes."

"Butterflies"

"Kiss full of color, makes me wonder where you've always been. I was hiding in doubt, 'til you brought me out of my chrysalis."

"Now I remember what it feels like to fly."

"Oh, What A World"

"Oh, what a world, don't wanna leave, all kinds of magic all around us, it's hard to believe. Thank God it's not too good to be true. Oh, what a world, and then there is you."

"Did I know you once in another life? Are we here just once or a billion times? Well, I wish I knew, but it doesn't matter. 'Cause you're here right now, and I know what I feel."

"Mother"

"It's the music in me and all of the colors."

"Wish we didn't live, wish we didn't live so far from each other. I'm just sitting here thinking 'bout the time that's slipping and missing my mother."

"Love Is A Wild Thing"

"You can't find it sitting on a shelf in a store, if you try to hide it, it's gonna shine even more."

"Oh, I can feel it, magic in your fingertips, and I can hear it in the words coming off your lips."

"Space Cowboy"

"And boots weren't made for sitting by the door, since you don't wanna stay anymore."

"I know my place, and it ain't with you."

"Sunsets fade, and love does too."

"Shoulda learned from the movies that good guys don't run away."

"Happy & Sad"

"I'm the kind of person who starts getting kinda nervous when I'm having the time of my life."

"Is there a word for the way that I'm feeling tonight? Happy and sad at the same time."

"So is there a way to stop all this thinkin', just keep on drinkin'?"

"Velvet Elvis"

"All I ever wanted was something classic, the kinda love song that goes on 'til the end of time."

"Soft to the touch, feels like love, knew it as soon as I felt it."

"Wonder Woman"

"I can show you strong, I can fight for you, I can try to move mountains if you want me to."

"I don't know how to lasso the love out of you."

"High Horse"

"'Cause everyone knows someone who kills the buzz every time they open up their mouth."

"I think we've seen enough, seen enough to know that you ain't never gonna come down."

"If you're too good for us, you'll be good riding solo."

"Golden Hour"

"I love the light that I've found in you."

"Thought I'd seen it all before but looking through your eyes, it looks like paradise."

"Rainbow"

"It's hard to breathe when all you know is the struggle of staying above, the rising water line."

"But darlin' I'm just tryin' to tell ya that there's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head."

"If you could see what I see, you'd be blinded by the colors."

So, whether you're a die-hard country music fan, haven't listened to a country album since Taylor Swift transitioned to pop, or someone who thinks country music isn't really country anymore—I think you'll find a little bit of comfort and love within the lyrics of this Album of the Year.