11 Things You Miss About LSU's Campus During Summer Break
Summer Break

11 Things Every LSU Student Home For The Summer Secretly Misses About Campus

Can I get a "Geaux Tigers"?

138

With less than a month until the beginning of a new semester, college students across the country are getting a little anxious. Personally, I'm so ready for the new semester to begin because, like many of you, I've been living at home all summer.

Now, before I go too far, let me just say, yes, I love my family dearly and I will truly miss them when I go back to school, but, honey, I am ready to get back to my apartment. If you're like me and you've moved back to your hometown for a few months, then you can probably understand me when I say, I miss school. Not the professors, or the assignments, or the all-nighter, but just campus. If you're also like me and go to the best university in the country, *cough cough* LSU, then you can probably empathize with me even more.

Here are 11 things all LSU students living at home for the summer miss about campus.

1. The basement of Lockett Hall

It's every LSU student's personal version of hell. You never know what to expect: will it be a sauna or Antartica down there? Will someone be sitting in my unassigned assigned seat? Will the building collapse around me? The possibilities are truly endless, and even though we all say we hate it, deep down we secretly love it because it gives us freshmen year nostalgia.

2. Baton Rouge traffic

I mean, honestly, who doesn't love having to leave an hour early to literally get 10 mins down the road? Obviously, BR traffic is an absolute pain, but it's really a great time to just plan for the day ahead or reflect on the day you've had.

3. Mike the Tiger

Come on, who doesn't miss this little angel? Whether you're having a good or bad day, a trip to Mike's habitat will make any day 10x better!

4. Free Speech Alley

I usually avoid FSA at all costs because I'm not really into the whole socializing thing, but on days when you're feeling especially lonely, take a quick walk through FSA. I promise the millions of hands jutting out at you and bright smiling faces will make you actually feel wanted for a change *cries in single* :'')

5. Freshmen tour groups

There goes that freshmen year nostalgia again. Yea, the tour groups are painfully annoying because they take up the entire sidewalk and after pulling an all-nighter they sound like they're talking through bullhorns, but seeing them takes you back to the good old days when you were so hopeful and full of life.

6. Middleton

^ actually me after being in Middleton for 52 straight hours

Like Lockett, Middleton is host to a world of possibilities. The sights, the sounds, and of course, the smells of Middleton are like nowhere else. You never know what's gonna happen, and that's why you can never pass up a study sesh in Club Mid.

7. Coates Hall

^ me trying to navigate my way through Coates

Props to whoever designed Coates, because honey, you've got quite the imagination. I've taken like three classes in there and I still have no idea where anything is in that building. Even still, we all love Coates because it's a secret air conditioned shortcut from the Quad to the Union.

8. Tiger Stadium

Of everything on this list, I honestly miss Tiger Stadium the most. There's truly no place else like Death Valley on a Saturday night in the fall. #GeauxTigs, am I right?

9. Highland Road

Out of all the roads near campus, Highland is my favorite. Will I finally get run over? Will I accidentally hit a jaywalking pedestrian? Who knows? All I know is, you better watch out.

10. The workers in the Union McDonald's

Are they the friendliest? No. Are they the quickest? No. Are they the best? Yes. Morning or night, weekday or weekend, hot or cold, you can always count on these brave men and women to serve you up a cheap treat. And honestly, I need that kind of reliability in my life.

11. Parking on campus

Come on now. Did y'all really think I was being serious?