LSAT? What's that?

LSAT? What's that?

Common misconceptions of lawyers and frequently asked questions.

40
LSAT? What's that?

1. All lawyers are corrupt.

Hate to tell you but not everyone is taking money under the table.

2. They're only in it for the money.

They put all that time and effort in - not to mention the money they paid for that eduction - just to take someone else's money? No.

3. They don't actually care about their clients.

Lawyers are human too, so no they won't like everyone, but they generally do care about their clients and the cases they work, because not only does it effect the client but it reflects on the lawyer's capability as well.

4. Is real law like on television?

I think its obvious that real law is nothing like that on television shows. Not all cases go to jury and not all crimes are rape or murder. Also real law isn't like portrayed in Hamilton the musical.

5. Were you inspired by Legally Blonde?

Elle Woods is an inspiration to us all. Sheworked her butt off, got a 4.0 undergraduate GPA, a 179 on her LSAT - 180 is a perfect score - and she got accepted into Harvard. So the answer is yes.

6. Are you wanting to represent the rapists and murderers?

Not all crimes are rape and murder, and not all lawyers take those types of cases.

7. Couldn't you do something easier?

Yes. Any number of law students could do something easier, but many have a desire and passion for law, and for criminal justice.

8. How many years do you have to go to Law School?

Three long years.

9. What's the LSAT?

The entrance exam to law school.

10. Will you be my lawyer?

Hopefully you won't need one.... but sure.

11. Being a lawyer is for the elite or snobby.

Or the passionate and motivated.

12. Isn't Law School expensive?

Yes. Very expensive. Please don't remind me.