Love Yourself Before You Love Another

Love Yourself Before You Love Anyone Else

Yes, having someone you love is a beautiful thing, but it's also beautiful when you're happy being alone.

5

There are countless romance movies out there where the love between two people consists of them saving each other. Not literally, but emotionally. People romanticize the idea of someone coming into their lives to save them.

That thought is comforting, right? A perfect soulmate swooping in to save someone from their problems and vice versa. That sounds like the plot of a romance movie. However, we need to stray away from that "perfect" expectation.

To put it bluntly, people are temporary. As sad as that sounds, you just can't 100% expect someone to stay in your life forever. People change. Plans change.

Of course, it's a wonderful goal to try to build life-long relationships, but it's important to remind yourself that nothing is guaranteed. It's impossible to know ahead of what God has planned for your future.

With that being said, you should place all of the love you have within yourself. Instead of waiting to share it with someone else, go ahead and use it for yourself. Love yourself. Save yourself first.

When you truly love yourself and become happy with who you are, then you're in a healthy place where you don't need anyone else. Yes, having someone you love is a beautiful thing, but it's also beautiful when you're happy being alone.

When your love is able to wrap around yourself, then that's more love than when it just touches the other person. I'm not saying that you shouldn't love someone; I'm saying that you should love yourself first. You are the top priority, no one else.

The differences of who you are as a person when you don't love yourself versus when you do are unlimited. Everything is different, from how you view the world to how you view yourself. You become fulfilled in a way that isn't publicized in today's society because everyone is so caught up in finding their personal hero.

The love you have for someone else after finding yourself feels so much more complete. There are less dependency and trust issues due to insecurities. Unfortunately, all of this is easier said than done. It's definitely a journey in learning how to love yourself, but it's so worth it.