BTS Just Released Their Comeback Photos: Here's What We Know

The countdown has begun and the theories have started.

156

On August 13th EST, BigHit Entertainment released BTS comeback photos for their new album 'LOVE YOURSELF: 結 Anser.' Currently, the agency has just released photos for the 'S' and 'E' versions while 'L' and 'F' versions have yet to be released. The album is set to be released on the 24th and from just the first set of comeback photos, we know the theories have just begun.

Here's what we know (or what we think we do):

1) Retro

version S JiminBTS, BigHit Entertainment

ARMYs have been suspecting that the new comeback's vibe will be retro, with the new photos released, I think we can say that we are right. Photos in Version S showcase the group sporting brightly colored apparel with loose sleeves and dapper-looking suits. (Check out Jimin's pink pants!)

2) Trapped, watched, boxed, controlled

version E VBTS, BigHit Entertainment

version S RMBTS, BigHit Entertainment

twitter post@track07tae

The repeated underlying theme that seems to be common in both versions of the album photos is the feeling of being trapped in a box with the eyes of everyone watching. This is illustrated by the red box background in version S and bubble in version E. In version S, each member is accompanied by either eyes, cameras or hands in the background each giving the feeling of being caged and put out in a display. In version E, there seems to be a lighter tone but the trapped feeling is still there. Inside the bubble, the members are accompanied by pastel flowers. (Is it just me or does version E remind you of Her?). Additionally, there are hints in the group photo (version E) that BTS is made to be like porcelain dolls who can be controlled.

3) Symbolism

twitter post@_pianonotes

Theories, theories, theories.

Seems us ARMYs cannot escape the neverending theories that come from BTS' albums.

Earlier, when talking about their new album, Suga had said that some people will say "how can they do something like that?" Seems with these new comeback photos we know why. Many fans have started to suspect that their new album will discuss controversial matters and be linked to George Orwell's 1984. The novel itself talks about a dystopian society in which people are under government surveillance and at the hands of manipulation (sounds similar to the theories, doesn't it?). We know that BTS is not one to shy from controversial issues, and we cannot wait for the story they have to tell us.

4) MAMA 2017

Do you remember the intro video to BTS' MAMA performance in 2017? Here's the video anyway.

In the intro (of the second chapter), we can see the glitching television screens that combust in the end. Well, guess what? They're back!

5) Jungkook's hair tho

version S JungkookBTS, BigHit Entertainment

If you have been a fan of BTS for some while, then you are probably aware that Jungkook is the member who rarely changes his hair color. But this year seems to definitely be different as we seem Jungkook sporting light purple-pink hair color. The question is, however, will this be his hair color in their new music video?

LOVE YOURSELF: 結 Answer is BTS' most awaited comeback yet and with just these few sneak peaks we know the album will be fantastic. In this new album, we can already see BTS showcasing their versatility as they take on such innovative concepts. Remember to mark your calendars for the 24th!!

version E group photoBTS, BigHit Entertainment