Why Your Phone Deserves Your Love

Why Your Phone Deserves Your Love

There are so many articles against smartphones…let’s give our smartphones some love!

24
Why Your Phone Deserves Your Love
YouTube Phone Infographic

Teens these days…wait, who am I kidding? This isn’t just for teens. There is a unique bond between every phone and its owner. This attachment to your phone is what keeps you motivated to start the next day. The beautiful artificial light that shines in your eyes, slowly damaging your brain and sight, is the most relaxing part of your day. The boredom that you feel 75% of the time that you look through your phone is incomparable. That moment when your screen unlocks, and you are lacking notifications, you see the most precious empty space in your life. You start grabbing your phone so often, that you do it with such elegance, that many do not envy. Your smartphone/phone is blinding you with love, that you do not consider the poison that comes with it, but you still can’t stop loving it. All of the negative things don’t matter, because when you admire something so much, everything bad goes away.

I agree that I am guilty of being involved in a love story with my phone. I agree that I love going to bed with it on my side, and waking up with it on my side as well. I agree that it does take up some of my valuable time, sometimes, but it helps me along the way as well. I know that, with my phone in hand, I can reach immediately to people who need my help. My phone, even when at times it is unnecessary, is an essential thing in my life. Many can argue with me that before, people didn't need phones to communicate. My parents tell me that I am with it “too much” and that in reality, I don’t need it for anything. However, I know they are wrong about this - even they need their phone as much as I need mine. Times have changed so much, that communication through the phone is incredibly important. Even some of my classes require me to somewhat use my phone, so there is no argument there.

Now, since we use our phones so often, and there are great reasons to, how can you not love it? You use it to talk to your friends, for homework, when you are happy, when you are sad, etc. It is like your virtual soul mate… it is your virtual soul mate. Especially in my generation, people talk about what’s trending on the internet so often, that if you are not aware of it, it is difficult to create a conversation. What’s the latest drama? Check phone. Who is talking to you? Check phone. You want to see what someone is doing? Check phone. Music and/or weather? Check phone. There is no reason for not wanting to have your phone with you at all times. (Only maybe some health issues, but who thinks about those when you are loving something so much, right?)

I have read so many articles about how people compare a phones to drug abuse. I don’t fully agree with this. Unless you can’t leave your phone to converse with people and learn at school, then your phone shouldn’t be a problem. A phone is one of the most useful things for everyone. If you are reading this on your phone…you are guilty too. Give your phone some love.