Love Ya Man!

Love Ya Man!

Tell your friends you love them today and every day.

603
Love Ya Man!
Will to Live

“Love ya man!" Those three simple words will always hold a special place in my heart. Seven years ago, my hometown of Johns Creek, GA was shattered by the news that a freshman in high school, Will Trautwein, took his own life. Our town struggled with this news for the longest time, but one thing kept us going….the creation of the Will-to-Live Foundation and its message.

This foundation is dedicated to spreading awareness about teen suicide. The mission of the foundation is to spread love, hope, and the will to live to each and every person. Suicide is prevalent in every society and there is no reason for us to stop talking about the growing epidemic.

I have personally worked very closely with this foundation, which has made such a big impact on how I live my life each day. Something about spreading love makes me feel like I'm actually making a difference in people's lives. I have made it my goal to continue to spread love to everyone around me and share the message of loving everyone.

As I walk through my college campus, I occasionally hear people saying some hateful things. It's no wonder so many people are suffering from depression. There are many words people say without realizing how wrong and hurtful they are to the people they call their friends.

But one thing stands out to me. Although I hear hateful things said around campus, I will also hear a guy or girl tell their good friend that they love them, or I’ll see someone hug a stranger. Those little acts of kindness remind others that someone out there loves them and that may be the highlight of their day.

I’m not saying everyone needs to dedicate their life to spreading awareness, but a simple "love ya man" to your friend on campus could make their day. If we could all tell at least one person we love them each day the message would spread quickly and hopefully save peoples lives.

Since you never know what someone is going through internally, you wouldn’t want that one unkind thing you said to make them feel even worse. Talking about mental health is uncomfortable for many people who are suffering and they aren’t going to be walking around campus wearing a sign around their neck saying “I have depression.” The one thing that can’t hurt is to show them love.

Tell your friends you love them today and everyday and start making the change.

Love ya man!