10 Reasons To Love Spring In Milwaukee

10 Reasons To Love Spring In Milwaukee

Hint: Not all of them are about drinking.

77
10 Reasons To Love Spring In Milwaukee
Elizabeth Sloan

After a few weeks of wonky weather, the temperatures are finally rising at a comfortably steady pace. Right now, it’s “light jacket weather”, but soon it will be summer. Before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s take a minute to appreciate all the great things about spring in Milwaukee.

1.Dry roads

The shit show that is snow removal in Milwaukee is enough to keep any sane person indoors. But, driving down your first dry road is one of the most exciting things about spring.

2.Waking up

Spring forward is quickly followed by the beginning of bright and cheerful mornings. Instead of being torn away from your dreams by the sound of the plows and sirens, you can rise peacefully with a nice breeze, songs of the birds, and sunlight shining through your windows.

3.March Madness

Whether you make a bracket or not, no one can escape the Madness.

4.Baseball season

Tailgating at Miller Park might as well be Milwaukee’s favorite pastime. Brats and beer on a Wednesday afternoon will turn out to be something you never knew you always wanted.

5.Milwaukee Beer Week

We’re the nation’s second drunkest state for a reason.

6.The Streetcar

Someone, somewhere thought it would be a good idea to bring the streetcar system back to Milwaukee. Although most residents are opposed, rides are free for the first year, so why not?

7.Patio seating

Brunch at Benelux, happy hour at Hollander, and thirsty Thursday at The Wicked Hop are some of my favorite ways to celebrate the return of patio seating in the spring.

8.Tennis in Lake Park

It doesn’t necessarily need to be tennis, although it is an amazing sport, you can join hundreds of people running, walking, biking, or hiking around the streets of Milwaukee in the spring.

9.Darty Szn in the UW System

Whether you’re in Milwaukee, Madison, Whitewater, La Crosse or Oshkosh, darty szn is no joke. See #5.

10.Tax Szn

I shouldn’t need to explain this one. Spend that money.