If We All Loved More Like God Told Us To, The World Would Be A Better Place

"Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

73
Photo by Larm Rmah on Unsplash

These days it’s hard to watch the news, go online, or flip through a newspaper without recent tragedies coming up. Whether it is the school shootings, bridges collapsing, bomb threats/attempts, or some other horrible thing. And not just that, even when you’re talking to someone, a bad or heavy topic will inevitably come up. We have a love deficiency problem in the world.

People are yelling at, cursing, alienating, accusing, hating, judging, fighting, polarizing, condemning and killing each other. When all we really need to be doing is loving each other.

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves," - Romans 12:9 - 10

Only through loving each other will we be able to get through the hardships and pressures of this world. I don’t mean the feeling kind of love that you have for your family, friends, and SO. I mean the daily choice to love. The daily choice to love those that don’t love you, those that don’t even know you, and those who intentionally hurt you. Its so hard to do that. And I fail at it daily, but if you let go and let God take over, it can be done. I promise. Let Him and His love work through you.

Sometimes it's so much easier to not love people. There are always thousands of excuses to not do something, but don't listen to those.They're wrong! It is never a bad idea to be nice and loving to someone, no matter who they are.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you," -Matthew 5:43 - 44

Just pause for a second and think. How would your life- no your DAY be different if you showed more love? Or was shown more love? Would you act differently? Would you react differently?

So, open the door for someone, give someone a compliment and actually mean it, ask them how they're doing- and really listen. Spend time with someone today and truly love them. There are millions of ways to show someone love! Choose one today! And let His overwhelming love overflow out of your heart.

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4 - 8b