Why It's Important To Love Yourself Just The Way You Are

I Love Myself Exactly The Way I Am, And Girl, You Should Too

Self-love is the best kind of love.

566
Brooke Smith

It has taken me a long time to find out how, and in what ways, to love myself. This self-love journey has taken a whole 22 years of my life, so don't feel bad if it takes you a long time too. Throughout this journey, I have learned super important lessons in order to stay successful in my journey.

I am so grateful for getting myself through this journey and finally loving me for my whole self — even with flaws and through my journey of realizing that nobody is perfect. Here are some of the most important lessons I have learned throughout my self-love journey.

1. One thing you can control in your life is how others make you feel. 

In simpler terms, and in a more famous quote by Eleanor Roosevelt, "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

2. Take a deep breath and step forward.

Meditation and mindfulness can really help you be open and honest with yourself and make you a little bit braver.

3. Grace and glory will meet you at every turn. 

Give yourself the patience and time to heal.

4. The struggles make you stronger. 

Every struggle and battle can be a learning lesson, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

5. Meet yourself where you are. 

Everyone's journey takes a different direction and timeline.

6. Self-care is key. 

Find what makes you zen and happy.

7. You can't pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first. 

You can't take care of others or even other tasks in your life if you do not take care of yourself.

8. You’re a work of art. Not everyone will understand you, but the ones who do, will never forget about you.

You are worthy of every great thing in the world, and those who do not believe otherwise can take a hike.