A Love Letter To West Chester University

43

To my dearly beloved,

Since the first day we came in contact I knew we were meant to be. You are beautiful, fun, comforting, and reliable. Whenever I need something to do to clear my head, I can always turn to you. Whether it’s a night out in the town, a run to de-stress from a heavy homework week, or a walk through south campus to appreciate nature, you’re constantly there with the right answer. Sometimes I get frustrated with you, but, as the saying goes, you love someone despite their imperfections. I will love you through your drastically uneven sidewalks, even though it keeps me from wearing my favorite heels, and I will love you through snow days, even though the cold is unbearable and the icy roads are disastrous.

My favorite thing about you, West Chester University, is that you are always so positive. You hold the kindest of people…students, professors, and staff, although sometimes the Sykes workers can give a bit of attitude. The food you make for me is absolutely delicious. There isn’t one pizza place that you should not take pride in. Not to mention, the delivery hours being super convenient for those late night study breaks. Honestly, it’s a little bothersome you don’t have a Wawa closer to the campus, but 7-11 will do.

It’s a shame that none of your houses have built-in air conditioning, but bonding during heat waves brings me closer to my roommates than ever before, and I didn’t think that was possible. You will forever hold a key to my mind and a place in my heart. On my worst days, I know you will be there ready to cheer me up, especially on the weekends. Being able to walk from friends house to friends house is another one of my favorite things about you. Because of you I can keep all of my friends close in distance and close in my heart.

On rainy days, you provide me with the best baked-ziti and garlic knots in the state, and on sunny days you give me motivation to run, a positive attitude, and sensational “dages.” The people within you are the best in the world. They have become my second family, and they too appreciate you to your entirety. We always talk about how wonderful you are and that we wouldn’t be anywhere without you as a main part of our lives. It has come to my attention, with the effects of times, that I wont be able to be with you forever, which makes me beyond depressed. However, I will make sure I take full advantage of having you in my life for the time we do have together.

Every side of you is physically gorgeous. You are my happy place. You are my home away from home, and you have provided me with the people I love most in my life. Thank you for a wonderful 2 years, and for many more to come.

With all of my heart,

Jessica Dyrek