A Love Letter To The Dog I Wish I Had

A Love Letter To The Dog I Wish I Had

Oh my gosh, you're so cute!

321
A Love Letter To The Dog I Wish I Had
squarespace.com

My precious, future dog,

I have dreamed about you. Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted a dog just like you. Every Christmas I would wake up with this tiny sliver of hope that you would be there in large box with a big red bow to greet me. I have wanted to rub those furry ears and tell you over and over how much I adore your loving, puppy eyes. I already know you will be the most adorable thing I have ever laid my own eyes on. Although that hasn’t happened (yet), you will be the love of my life—I just know it.

I have seen ones just like you on the street, or in a car passing by. Sometimes I would give the owner of those dogs a longing look just to see if I could just pet that precious pooch in front of me. Once you become mine, I promise you will be the center of my universe and I will never tell another dog I love it. I cannot promise, however, that I will not pet them. I’m sorry, but I just can’t resist.

I hope one day we can have wild adventures together and make memories that last FUR-ever. I also hope you like to cuddle because I plan to cuddle every single night we have together. I can’t wait for the days when we can spend all day on the couch binge watching "Grey's Anatomy" together or the days when we go on long walks in the park. I know we will be the best of friends.

I have to warn you, I have my bad days. Some days I get really sad or anxious about something and I just need your kisses to remind me that everything is going to be all right in the end. I’m sure you have your bad days too, so just know that I am always here for you. We will be a team and make sure that every day we have together will be the best of days. I will try my hardest to make sure that you are always happy, just like any puppy like you should be.

I promise to accept all of your flaws, but I think you should know that you are absolutely flawless and adorable. Even when we are both old and gray, I will be there for you. Always treating you with new toys and bones and yummy, bacon-flavored treats. I will make sure you are never hungry, bored, or scared. I will always protect you and never hurt or abandon you. You deserve the world and more and I plan to give that to you. You will never go a day without hearing how much I love you.

So here’s to the future. The days when I will hold you close and pet you for hours. I can’t wait to have you.

Love forever,

Your future owner