Dear Pi Beta Phi,

Dear Pi Beta Phi,

I’m going to be blunt with you.

40
Dear Pi Beta Phi,

I think you might be the best thing that’s ever happened to me. 

That may come off as aggressive and a little too forward, but before you label me as a stage 5 clinger and run away, let me explain myself.

I guess it all started on bid day. You can’t even begin to imagine how overwhelmed I was. I ran out to 150 strangers that were screaming so high-pitched that I legitimately thought only dogs could hear them. It was over 100 degrees out and these girls that I had just met kept hugging me and exchanging sweat with me. It was repulsive. They knew everything about me, too. They knew my name, where I was from, and what I was like. It wasn’t creepy at all.

It took some getting used to, but to make a long story short, I eventually fell for you. There were so many warning signs that you were going to become such a huge part of my life, like when I got my big. I didn’t think I deserved someone so cool, outrageous, and fun. 

Then I got my little, and I got that same feeling all over again. I realized that I’d never find two better people to drink tequila and exchange embarrassing stories with. Now I’m gearing up for grandlittles and besides feeling old as sh**, I’m overwhelmed with excitement because I know they’re going to fit in perfectly.

You also gave me the best and most messed up group of friends I could possibly dream of having. They’re obnoxiously funny and completely outrageous. They support me no matter what bad decisions I make and I know that they will always be there for me (that might be because I have too many blackmail pictures of them and they’re scared that I will make those pictures go viral). I can always count on them to study with me, go to dinner with me, laugh with me, and if I had emotions I would probably cry with them too. 

Lastly, these past three years together have taught me some life lessons that I will remember forever. Sometimes good things do happen after midnight. Laying in bed in your towel wrap for three hours will solve some of your problems. Binge eating Toppers pizza with your sisters is not a bad way to end your night. These are just a few of the more appropriate life lessons that our relationship has taught me, which I am beyond grateful for. 

Keep in mind that prior to you, the longest relationship I’d been in was in the 8th grade when I “dated” a skater boy - and by dated, I mean that we talked on AIM for 4 hours a night. With that being said, this is all very new to me. 

So, here it is. It’s not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day. 

Sincerely, 

Sofi