What You Should Know About Someone Whose Love Language Is "Quality Time"

Uncovering this information is very important for the success of any relationship – whether it’s your family members, best friends or lover.

9870
William Stitt // Unsplash

We all have a different, unique way of expressing and receiving love. Some people give and receive their love through their words, some through gift-giving, some through physical touch and others through acts of service (like washing the dishes, for example).

The love language test offers a set of questions that the user must answer in order to discover his or her way of loving. Uncovering this information is very important for the success of any relationship – whether it’s your family members, best friends or lover.

Typically, you and your significant other are going to have a different love language. That being said, it is important to discover your love language and your partner’s love language at the start of the relationship so you can give and receive love is the most effective way as possible. Knowing this information will also help you understand yourself and your lover to a deeper extent.

If you’ve ever taken the five love languages test then you have probably heard the term “quality time.” Generally speaking, you should be honored if your partner’s love language is quality time because that means he or she simply needs your presence in order to feel fulfilled. What a compliment!

That said, here are some ways you can further express love to your quality time partner:

1. Concentrated attention

For someone whose love language is quality time, I can attest to the need of concentrated attention. There is nothing worse for us quality-time-people than to see that our partner isn’t fully paying attention to what we’re saying. It really feels like a slap in the face.

If your quality time partner sees you checking your phone or looking away while they’re talking, the message you are relaying to your partner is that you don’t care. It is crucial for your quality time partner to see that you’re fully there both mentally and physically when he or she is talking.

2. Quality conversations

Concentrated attention and quality conversations go hand-in-hand with each other. Not only does your partner need focused attention in a conversation, but he or she is fulfilled through meaningful conversations – not surface level talk. Try conducting real conversations. Talk about what made you who you are, your fears, goals and biggest dreams. Ask your quality time partner about their life, and really tune in to what they are saying.

3. Pre-plan a special date

Yes, like I said earlier, your partner only needs to be with you to be happy and feel loved. However, if you two simply sit on the couch every night and watch three hours of a show before you have to leave, your partner probably isn’t going to be fulfilled. When it comes to time, it’s more about quality, not quantity. With that in mind, go do something meaningful together: take a walk, go to a movie, do something adventurous or cook dinner together.

4. Schedule time to hang out on a weekly basis

Your quality time partner needs to know that they’re going to see you. Even if it’s not every day, he or she needs to know when they’re going to see you ahead of time. Since your significant other gives and receives love through quality time, it’s safe to say that their security rests in the time that you two have together. That being said, your partner needs something to look forward to in order to support his or her own confidence.

If you have never taken the love language test and want to discover the ways in which you love, I suggest you complete the brief questionnaire. Your love language may be something completely different from what you expect!