I Actually Love Hospitals

I Actually Love Hospitals

So many people hate them, but they're magical to me.

1361
"I hate hospitals." - said everyone, ever.

I guess I'm the exception. I absolutely love it.

While I obviously don't wish to be a patient, I have found a career that excites me and intimidates me beyond belief- but in the most inspirational way.

I love how fast paced a hospital is, yet peaceful in the hallways when the sun is shining as I'm walking by myself to the office. It is in that moment of peace that I realize how tiny I am in the small yet immense universe I have just entered within the hospital walls. It is humbling to think that I'm in the same place that lives are being saved every day.

Mcdreamy famously said, "it's a beautiful day to save lives."

That's what I think of every time I see all of the employees walking working together to perform miracles.

Everyone moves with such purpose and it's refreshing to be in a place where everyone is incredibly ambitious and cares about people immensely. Hospitals are magical to me.

There are so many stories all in one place. Doctors, patients, employees... everyone has stories that have led them there. There are stories that warm your heart and there are stories that will break it, but you see all forms of life and no matter what the story is, you always learn to appreciate life more. You learn here more than anywhere else, that absolutely everyone is fighting their own battles. You learn the importance of being kind to everyone you meet. You learn to be grateful for all that you are blessed with every day. You learn that there is no such thing as a bad day, because no matter what is happening, if you have your health, you're not having a bad day- you're just having a bad moment.

You also learn that nothing is guaranteed, and to make the most of every second you're given. You're inspired every where you go in a hospital. Strong patients, fearless and confident doctors, and extremely smart, driven employees set the bar high daily, and push you to be the best version of yourself.

Hospitals are a place of inspiration, endless possibilities, and miracles. How could anyone hate a place like that?