What I wish for as I enter my 20's

Here's To Wishing For Love And Happiness As I Enter My 20's

Lastly, in my twenties, I also want to fall in love. Not only with a special someone, but more in love with myself, my family, and my friend.

20
Makayla Castle

My 20th birthday is quickly approaching and I am feeling a whirlwind of emotions regarding the situation. I'm excited, petrified, curious, starting to feel old for the first time, the list goes on.

Everyone keeps telling me, "Your 20's are some of the best years of your life," or, "Enjoy the last years of freedom and do what you want to do." I truly believe those who speak these words and want to make the best out of my 20's. I want to remember my 20's as the golden years or glory days, to have a wide range of stories to share with my loved ones someday. But most importantly, I want to live these years for myself and do what I want to do. It's my life after all! My twenties are my "last years of freedom," before I am really expected to settle down in life with a career, possible husband, and children. So, I have many wishes, hopes, and dreams for my 2nd decade on Earth.

I wish that for my 20's I will focus fully on myself and living my life to the fullest. I wish to focus on my schooling/career, establish some new habits and love not only the people around me to the fullest but life in general. I wish to venture out of my comfort zone to try food I've never had before like sushi, or to finally ask that special someone out to dinner.

I hope for my twenties that I will follow all of the life advice I've so graciously been given such as, "Don't be afraid to say yes," "Wait/don't feel pressured to get married," and "Discover yourself and the life you want to live."

I want to travel the world, live out of state, and to never be afraid to say yes. My twenties are here to provide endless opportunities and experiences.

Lastly, in my twenties, I also want to fall in love. Not only with a special someone, but more in love with myself, my family, and my friend. I hope to spark new relationships with people who I will hold so dear to my heart.

My 20's will not be full of wasted time but instead of love, laughter, lots of fun, and a little structure/obedience.

I hope and wish for that I will always remember my 20's and have some wild stories to share with my kids someday. I want to remember my twenties as the golden years and prime of my life. However, I must remember that this is only the beginning to many great decades such as my 30's, 40's, and so forth.

Cheers to 20!