Look What Technology Did To Us

Look What Technology Did To Us

We've forgotten what it means to live in the moment.

37
Look What Technology Did To Us
EDMtunes

Your friend does something funny. Instead of laughing and appreciating their humor, you take a video and completely remove yourself from the moment.

You’re studying. You post a picture of yourself studying. Are you spending more time studying and learning material or more time trying to convince your social media following that you are?

You’re at a concert. You’re too busy recording the show and uploading it your Snapchat story. You’re missing the live show for which you paid money so you can watch it again later. But you never saw it live to begin with. What’s the difference between your shaky, poor quality video and a simple YouTube video? You just missed your chance to live in the moment.

Social media is flooded with cute photos, funny videos and other posts that give viewers a skewed perception of one’s life. But how many tries did it take to get there? How much time was wasted trying to document a moment that wasn’t lived to its full potential?

One blurry photo of a pure, quality memory is more valuable than a stunning photo that you spent the whole night trying to take instead of enjoying good company and places.