I Thought Having A Six-Week Winter Break Would Be Great, Until I Actually Had To Live Through It

I Thought Having A Six-Week Winter Break Would Be Great, Until I Actually Had To Live Through It

Turns out, I'm just really bored.

210

Just implemented this year, the school decided to start doing J-Term. That is when for three weeks, students at school can earn three credit hours to go towards the actual spring semester. This caused our usual three-week winter break to turn into a six-week winter break. This also took away our fall break, which I along with numerous students felt that was a terrible decision because the time we would normally have fall break we were all exhausted.

By the time winter break came around and finals were finally over, I was very exhausted and in need of a break. The first three weeks of the break were relaxing. The only thing was that I didn't always have the car because with my brother now a licensed driver and my high school does not have bussing he needs a car to get to and from school.

But now that the holidays are over, and my school still has at least three more weeks of the break before the spring semester begins, I don't know what to do. I have been doing errands for my family as well as talk with my friends from school but of course, with my limited use of the car I can't really visit anyone from school unless it is the weekend or something. But even with that, a majority of my friends live all around Ohio and some even in places out of state. So yes, timing and gas can be a little costly.

The first week after the New Year was rung in, I really felt bored. I didn't know what to do. I know that there was one day where I tried to see if I was lactose intolerant as my stomach was being a bitch and I wanted to test something out. Then there was a day where I wanted to try and cook spaghetti and that was a success as I did not burn my house down. I spent quite a few times FaceTiming some friends late at night, but of course, it is nothing like being with friends in person.

It almost feels as if I were to be in this house for longer, that I would go crazy, maybe to a point of insanity.

I just want to go back and see my friends. I just want to go back to the town that is shaping the person that I am. The school that is helping me gain what I will need for my future career. I want to be with my sorority sisters and do amazing things with them. I want to have a Wednesday where I go to Eppler North and learn a combo with University Dance Alliance. I want to do some movie nights with my roommates. But, for the next couple of weeks until the end of the month, I am still at my house. Don't get me wrong, I love being at home and being with my family that I barely got to see during the fall semester.

But I want to go back.