How to Survive Car Rides

16 Ways To Survive Long Car Rides

I spy with my little eye...

90
16 Ways To Survive Long Car Rides

This March, I'm going on a mission trip to New York. It goes without saying, but that is going to be a long ride. So, of course, I had to come up with some ideas of what to do to make it go by faster and smoother.

Wear relaxing clothes

Nothing is worse than being stuck in a car for HOURS in jeans and tennis shoes.

Glasses and Contacts

If you wear glasses, bring your case and cleaner. If you wear contacts, bring your solution.

Sunglasses

Bring sunglasses, you never know how the sun will be that day.

Pillow and Blanket

If you aren't driving, pillows and blankets are your best friend.

Phone charger/portable charger

Nothing is worse than your phone dying half way to your destination.

The right music

You aren't having a lit car ride if you aren't jamming to some 90's R&B, then some good 'ole country, then finishing with rap that would make your momma blush.

Books

If you're a reader, books will get you lost in your own world and the trip will fly by.

Laptop and headphones/earbuds

All movies last over an hour, so that will definitely help your trip.

Pain Meds

You never know when you'll get a headache, or your back will start making you feel like a 90 year old lady

Water and snacks

More food, less stops. More water, more pee breaks. Worth it.

Garbage bag(s)

Nobody likes a messy car. Be sure to pack a few extra bags to keep everything clean.

Take a nap

The best naps are hours long.

Chill on your phone.

Social media, games, scrolling through photos...

TALK

There is this crazy thing where you can talk to people, in person. Crazy, I know.

Draw or write

Maybe the messy look it gets while trying to draw/write in a bumpy car ride will give it character.

Take pictures!

You'll see some very beautiful scenery while driving, take advantage!

Fingers crossed these 16 tips will help not only me, but all of you as well!