Logan Paul's Video Just Ended His Career

This should serve as a wake up call for milennials.
154

So I was having a calm and lazy day on New Year's day and then decide to go on YouTube to see new updates. I look at the trending page and at the top spot was a video from Logan Paul that has been recently deleted. The caption read...

We Found A Dead Body in the Suicide Forest in Japan

The thumb-nail had Paul in a selfie with a dead body and the face blurred out. The body looked appeared to not have begun decomposing and was blue, meaning the person had recently committed suicide. I didn't watch it but over six million people had watched it in the twenty-eight hour period it was uploaded to his channel.

He has since taken down the video and issued two public apologies on his social media accounts. However, many people are disgusted at the lack of respect and disregard for the serious subject of suicide.

The online community is in outrage at the platform YouTube for allowing the video to be online in the midst of their ongoing witch-hunt for taking down videos that supposedly do not meet the appropriate guidelines. The video was taken down by Paul's Team and not the platform themselves.

Logan Paul is one of the many famous top-tier YouTubers who is considered the "Kardashians" of YouTube. The majority of his followers are young kids and many of them are wrapped up and consumed by the technology.

These kids were shocked and traumatized by this video. And people are protesting for YouTube to take down his channel. And there will be more consequences soon to come in the coming weeks.

Now all I can simply say is that this is a lesson to millennials. This shows how the sense of entitlement, the corruption on technology on the psyche and lack of consideration of human life can make someone so wrapped up in their own world that they can't tell what is right from wrong. I hope that this teaches Logan Paul, as well as, fellow YouTubers and content creators, that they should really think about their actions before they commit them.