Words Cannot Espresso How Much You Bean To me

So, they have the best food, drinks and desserts--can it get any better? Yes!
39

Court Street Coffee Shop, a quiet little coffee shop hidden by busy Court Street, has gained quite the popularity by families, local TLU college students and city workers on a quick lunch break. Lyndon Langford owns the coffee shop with his wife, Mary Jo Langford. The owners pride themselves in creating a cute joint “where old friends gather and new friends meet,” and it’s done just that in its time. Conveniently located in downtown Seguin, Texas, this coffee shop is relaxing and vibrant at the same time with a fantastic and friendly staff.

This quirky little shop strays away from your typical, uniform furniture. Spread out around the coffee shop is a mixture of dark wooden tables, old church pews turned into seating and comfy flowery couches that feel like you’re snuggled up at grandma’s house. After picking your spot (probably for the next few hours, because seriously, this is Hotel California and you lose track of time) I recommend checking out the enormous menu board. This coffee shop has so many options it’s almost overwhelming. If you’re looking for a nice meal with the homemade feel, you’ve come to the right place. It’s got the three basic S’s: soup, salad, and sandwiches. But wait, there’s more (cue the Billy May’s voice), there are tamales, paninis, and hors d’oeuvres served on a hand-crafted cutting board. Fancy, huh?

As for desserts, you can pick your favorite from their wide selection with an abundance of ice cream flavors--16 to be exact--or a simple pastry made at Uwe’s bakery in New Braunfels, Texas. But let’s face it: the food is a plus but the real reason people visit coffee shops is for the coffee. They offer freshly-brewed coffee, espresso, and the best white chocolate mocha frappes in all of Guadalupe County.

So, they have the best food, drinks and desserts--can it get any better? Yes! The most intriguing part of the coffee shop is the Langford’s successful pursuit to enhance both visual and performing arts. The coffee shop is covered in so much local artwork that it’s almost impossible to tell what color the actual wall is. In an effort to support local artists, Langford displays artwork for sale, or just displays local pieces for a period of time. However, he doesn’t just favor the visual arts. In fact, the coffee shop is a popular spot to listen to live music on a Friday or Saturday night. If you can’t catch the live music on the weekend, you might be lucky to catch some locals singing in the coffee shop during the week.

Langford has successfully created a friendly environment that’s popular with the locals but is still gaining success and popularity every day. If you haven’t already visited Court Street Coffee Shop, I encourage you to stop by and see what it’s all about and take a moment to escape the busyness of life.