Are You Living Or Just Surviving?
Health Wellness

Are You Living Or Just Surviving?

Living and surviving are two very different things.

757
Are You Living Or Just Surviving?
https://www.pexels.com/photo/green-leafed-plant-on-sand-1438404/

In this world, there are two different ways of how people see life. There are some who say that they are trying to get by and make the best of what they got. And then, there are others who want to do more than just get by. Unfortunately, people get one thing mixed up with the other. They think that living and surviving go hand in hand and think nothing of it. The truth is, living and surviving are more different than people think they are. Either one of these ideas will affect how you see things. The question is, which one will give you the mindset that you need? I cannot answer that correctly because only the person who has that mindset can speak for themselves. The best I can do is go a little bit more in depth about these two ideas.

Surviving

Do you ever have days when you just want to get a day over with or you literally imagine yourself passing out in your bed, not thinking about the next day? That attitude is the surviving attitude. When one is trying to survive, that person has no goals or plans for the day. That person is just trying to get through one day after another. They are really unmotivated and do not want to do anything else except let each day pass by until who knows when. Personally, I believe that one with a surviving attitude has a basic mindset. They will live a fair life, but will not want to make their life any better. When you have the surviving mindset, you make do with what you got at your disposal instead of attempting to gain more resources. You are just doing what you need to do and nothing more than that.

Living

Living has a more broad meaning. When you are living life, the goals you set for yourself have no limits. Every day, you try to make a plan or goal for yourself that ends with you being a better version of yourself prior to the past moments. Each moment a person who is trying to live gets, he or she is trying to get better at what he or she does whether it is at school, sports, talents, or work. Living involves having that mindset that says, "I got to keep going. I may not know what I want to do, but I have come too far to quit". Quitting is never an option because the person is so full of hope and determination that even though a goal is not there, it is there. Not only will a person try to make the best out of every situation, but the person will also try to turn it into a new opportunity that will benefit them in the future.

Why Am I Telling You This?

Growing up, I never had a mindset to base myself off of. I was literally trying to go through one day after another. All I wanted to please others around me and not think for myself. I was only surviving. I did not have any goals. Currently, I am about to graduate college and I have a new mindset where I want the best future I can make for myself. I literally went from surviving to living. I personally think that is the best shift one can make in life. It is never too late to change your mindset in a way that best suits you.