The Reason For Your Season

The Reason For Your Season

It's all about our perspective on things.

67
The Reason For Your Season

Let’s talk about this: there is a reason for your season.

One more time: there is a REASON for your SEASON.

The season you are going through right now, whether it be a time of trouble or triumph, patience or progress, learning or just living, is not permanent. It is also not purposeless.

It is all about our perspective on things.

James 1:2

...when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

Hold up. Did James really just tell us to be joyful in times of trouble?

Read it again if you don’t believe me. We are called to consider it an opportunity for GREAT joy when we are in times of trouble. Talk about a mind shift.

What's coming against me is only training for where God is taking me.

-Pastor Steven Furtick

There is power in the process.

I absolutely love the process of things. Yes, I get burnt out, drained, impatient, and tempted to give up. But it is in these times that I realize the process of things is an absolutely beautiful blessing. I have decided to consider the process an opportunity for great joy, for I know that the Lord is using it to teach me, heal me, feed me, supply me, and prepare me.

I want to use the season I am currently in to encourage you.

Lately, life has been quite the adventure. I feel like I have been on a hike for months, without a map. Figuratively speaking, I started this adventure with a vision of where I want to go, my own hiking boots, the nutrition I thought I needed, the perfect supply of water, the newest Patagonia backpack (not much storage, but a rad color), etc. As I started this adventure, I was beyond excited; full of energy, and supplied with everything I could possibly need (so I thought). As I begin to hike, I grew tired and weary. My shoes began to wear, my water supply went dry, the food was all gone, my sweet backpack ripped. I reach the valleys and wonder how in the world am I ever going to make it up the next mountain with the supplies I no longer have.

This valley is different though. I opened my eyes only to realize that I have my friend Jesus hiking right next to me. I decide to trust in Him for guidance. He provides me with an endless supply of water, nutrients not only for my body, but for my soul. He gives me new shoes that will never tear. He fills me with a new energy, a new joy, and new attitude. I don’t even have to worry where we are headed or what comes next because I KNOW, without a doubt, that He will give me everything I need.

Instead of worrying and being fearful, I now get to enjoy the adventure! I stop and take a look around. Everything is beautiful. I get to document each day, the new things I’ve learned, the things I have seen, the revelations I have had, the things my new friend Jesus has done for me.

I haven’t reached the end of my journey or this season yet, but I find great joy in knowing that by the end of it, I get to look back and see the process. I get to see there truly is a reason for the season I’m in. Even when the journey is hard and I don’t want to keep going, I will look back and see all the Lord has done for me to prepare me for my calling. What’s the fun in just magically jumping from one place to another without getting to see all of scenery?

You will be the most tempted to quit when you are closest to your calling

-Pastor Steven Furtick

James 1:12

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

Patience is something I have never been great at. Of course right now I would love to be seriously dating if not married to the man of my dreams, Granarly impacting lives all over the world, starting 3 other successful businesses, traveling to every continent, giving to the needy, providing Granarly for the hungry, the list keeps going. But I have to sit back and realize, I am being molded. The Lord is preparing me.

Let me encourage you to KEEP GOING. The hardest part of the journey is right before the breakthrough. Whether it is a vision you have for your future, enduring long hours of school, working a not so awesome part-time job, whatever it may be, please enjoy the process. Step out in faith, and take a look at all the beauty around you.

Remember, when troubles come your way, consider it great joy. Let your endurance grow.

There is a reason for your season and in order to see that, you must keep going.