It's The Little Things

Have you just every stopped and smiled or gotten really happy over something someone did? It was small and yet it made you whole day. You are probably thinking about it right now as you slave over school work. That one little thing is making you smile.

I have always heard of focusing on the little things in life because you'll look back and the big things won't seem that important. For me it is when someone holds the door open for me, watching Ralph the Rex, and time in the bible make me happy. It's the little things from day to day that make me smile and not worry on the big. It just makes me happy and fills my mind.

Little things from day to day make our world go round. We don't realize it then but they have such a big impact on us. We get so focused on the here and now and more importantly, what is to come, that we loose focus the things that make us laugh.

Go through your Instagram or Facebook. What do you see? Most of the posts are moments of your life that are happy. You are boasting about something small things. You are hanging out with your friends, going out, reading a good book, binge watching Netflix, or just even lounging around all day. Those are the small things. The time that you enjoy.

It's the time that I non-stop watched every single episode of the Nanny with my sister over my holiday breaks. I don't remember much about the show but I remember running up and down the stairs with a new bowl of popcorn in between episode. I can't tell you what grade I was in or what classes I took, but I can tell you I had fun on that little short break. That little short week compared to 9 months of school is what I remember.

I could not tell you what class I took last semester or what the grade was on my exams. They were so big and important and yet, now they aren't. They were big things that took up so much of my time, energy, and mental capacity that I nearly missed out on the small things.

We as millennials are lucky to have social media. We have a way of being able to go back and remember the small things. We can be happy. On my way to work I always check my Timehop. It allows me to see posts or things I did years ago on this day. I get to see how quirky I was and I think back on the good times I had. While some posts are not the most positive because I was a crazy teenager just like you all were, most posts are happy!

So get out there and make sure you notice and enjoy the little things and try not to worry about the big things.