The Ultimate List Of Basic Fall Activities

Whether you're on a date, with friends, or spending time with family, this is the ultimate Fall bucket list.

916
Katie Francis

As a Fall enthusiast, I am constantly looking for fun ways to enjoy the season. Much like people create a summer bucket list, this list is everything you must do in order to fully appreciate everything that the Autumn season has to offer.

1. Apple picking.

Choose a breezy Fall day and gather a group to go apple picking! No matter where you live, there are farm markets all over the country with orchards full of apple trees just waiting for you to fill up your basket.

2. Costume shopping.

Since most of these activities involve enjoying the beautiful Fall weather, this idea is particularly great for a rainy Fall afternoon. Head to your nearest Party City and try on the hottest and craziest new costumes!

3. Having a photo shoot.

When the leaves begin to change color, it is the perfect opportunity for a Fall photo shoot. Whether you dress up and model in front of Fall foliage or snap photos of a colorful forest, you are sure to come out with great results.

4. Going to a pumpkin patch.

One of the most obvious activities is going and picking out the best pumpkin. Have each person in your group pick out a pumpkin and see who can create the spookiest jack-o-lantern!

5. Going on a hayride.

Hayrides run at farm markets across the nation. They come in a variety of themes, including spooky haunted night rides and friendly daytime rides more suitable for groups with younger audiences.

6. Walking through a corn maze.

Similarly to hayrides, you can often pick your experience based on the time of day you plan your trip. Either way, be prepared to walk around in circles completely lost.

7. Going through a haunted house.

One of the most adventurous activities on this list is visiting a haunted house. Haunted houses are perfect for a group that is daring and fearless, or just looking for a good scare!

8. Baking.

Remember those apples that you picked? Put them to good use and make the perfect Autumn apple pie, or make those deliciously simple Pillsbury cookies.

9. Napping.

Some people may not consider taking a nap an activity, let alone worthy of being on the Fall bucket list. However, snuggling up under a huge blanket and falling asleep to the sound of afternoon rain is the Fallest thing you could do.

10. Watching a movie marathon.

Having a movie marathon can take place at any time of the year, but Fall is the best time to watch copious amounts of horror films. Check out the 31 Days of Halloween movie marathon on Freeform!

11. Volunteering at a soup kitchen.

The season of giving doesn't have to wait until Christmas time. Weather is beginning to get cooler, so use this time to get to meet and help out people in need.

12. Going to a coffee shop.

Coffee shops are the ultimate Fall aesthetic. Enjoy some coffee or sip hot chocolate while reading your favorite book, and the scene makes a great Fall Instagram photo.

13. Carving pumpkins.

Mentioned previously, carving pumpkins is extremely fun (and messy), no matter who you are with! Gather your friends and carve out the spookiest scene you can come up with.

14. Going to a football game.

Football is one of the best things that comes with Fall every year. Professional, college, or high school, any game makes a great activity for avid sports fans.

15. Going to a bonfire.

Bonfires are a great way to end a fun day full of Fall activities. Cozy up under a blanket and the stars, and share your best scary story with your fellow Fall enthusiasts.