3 Local Lincoln Park, Illinois Coffee Shops To Support

3 Local Lincoln Park, Illinois Coffee Shops Every Coffee Lover​ Should Be Supporting Instead Of Starbucks

As a coffee enthusiast myself, here are my favorite local coffee shops every Chicagoan should experience.

1942

An iced Starbucks americano or a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee can always hit the spot, but smaller coffee shops have a charm and unique menu that makes a coffee outing memorable and fascinating.

1. Philz Coffee

Located in several parts of Chicago as well as some other areas of the country, Philz is a favorite among DePaul University students, as well as other Lincoln Park coffee lovers.

Philz, located at 2323 N Lincoln Ave. Chicago, IL 60614 is a brisk walk from The DePaul Quad. What I truly enjoy about Philz is the vast menu of delicious blends to choose from. Hot or iced, Philz kills it every time with an option of frothy sweet cream or a sharp black made from a blend of your choice.

Philz also sells their bean blends to take home and brew yourself if you really enjoy one of their flavorful coffee blends. The Philz community is also very accepting and passionate about their business model, promoting love and unity within the community.

This place is usually packed, but even with current challenges, they have created a socially distanced ordering window to ensure customer safety and satisfaction!

I recommend a blend of your choice Philz way (sweet and creamy). My favorites are Ambrosia Coffee of God, Tesora, or Rose iced!

2. The Bagelers

Another Lincoln Park shop that sells great coffee is a small bagel and drink shop that makes great coffee among other teas, drinks, and assorted foods. The small business located on 2461 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, is a fairly new coffeehouse that has housemade bagel spreads and coffee syrups sure to hit the spot first thing in the morning.

The atmosphere is cozy and welcoming with a modern feel.

Their coffee blends are smooth and rich as well as unique to other coffee places, making them stand out next to other shops. Supporting small businesses, especially during this time, is essential to ensure passionate and eccentric places within our community continue to thrive.

I recommend a bagel of your choice and a coffee with one of their house-made syrups. The salted caramel is incredible!

3. La Colombe Coffee Roasters

This cafe located on 858 Armitage Ave Chicago IL 60614 is a cafe containing the company La Colombe's coffee which is commonly seen as a canned draft latte in groceries and some restaurants.

La Colombe is known for its smooth cold brews and transportable canned iced lattes, but this cafe provides customers with options much like a Starbucks would, with a cold brew on tap and baristas making concoctions from their unique menu.

La Colombe also takes the health of its customers very seriously and has created a "grab and go" system for customers to order outside and get a special drink in a smart way.

Grabbing an iced latte and then going across the street to shop for bath products sounds like the perfect outing to me!

I recommend the Coconut Milk Draft Latte or their cold brew.