Yeah, Life Sucks, But Faith Doesn't

Yeah, Life Sucks, But Faith Doesn't

God's promises in difficult times.

242

In the past few months of my life, I have committed to changing my life to resemble a life like Christ's, and a life that God calls me to live. It's challenging. I wouldn't have expected it to be this hard. satan works hard. But, I've tried to remain faithful, and my eyes have been opened to the amazing things that Christ has in store for me. Here are some of the lessons I've learned that reassure me that the narrow path is the best path to live my life by.

God is Faithful. Always.

One of the most important things I've learned in the past few months is that God is always faithful, even in our moments of doubt. In Hebrews 6:13, Paul writes, "For when God made a promise to Abraham because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, saying 'Surely I will bless you...'".

God will never break a promise or a covenant He makes with us. He is always faithful to us.

We often get so caught up in the ways of this world, that we forget that God has a promise and a plan for each and every one of us. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you and to not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" He created each one of us with a purpose, and He remains faithful to grow us towards hope. I know it seems like life can kick you in the face. Trust me, I've been there. But sometimes we have to go through painful things to experience the true wonders of the Lord. Sometimes, the painful things occur because something even more beautiful will flourish from it. We just have to trust in HIs ways, not our own.

We're on God's Time.

You're probably wondering what the heck I mean. Right? Consider how many times you've asked God to help you out. Cried to Him asking for a boyfriend in a season of solitude. I think we often forget God knows our future. Sometimes He doesn't answer us right away because he knows there's something better there for us. Ecclesiastes 3:11 reminds us that we're not on our own time, we're on God's time, "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end."

We often expect God to answer our prayers immediately. I know I do. But sometimes, His answer is waiting. We're all human, we all hate patience. But remember, He is faithful. He knows the timeline of your entire life. We're on His time, not our own. I know the answer 'wait' sucks sometimes, but often it's the best answer.

God Equips the Called.

So often I think that I'm not good enough to do what God has called me to do. In the past few days, I have received a decent amount of coincidences that make me think that I'm wrong. I've heard a lot of people say, "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called. In Exodus, when Moses is called to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt, he cries out to God and says, "O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue" and tells God he is not equipped to be called (Exodus 4:10). Then God responds and tells Moses, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the Lord? Now, therefore, go, and I will be with his mouth and teach you what you shall say. (Exodus 4:12-13).

Moses was called to lead a nation out of Egypt, and he had a speech impediment. But God equipped him with Aaron, who was his voice to the Pharaoh. God wouldn't have used Moses if he didn't think that Moses could do what God needed him to do. We are called to trust in Him and know that when He calls us, no matter if we think we are qualified, He will equip us with the things we need.