25 Proverbs To Live Your Life By

25 Proverbs To Live Your life By

These are the "Yodas" of quotes.

1513
25 Proverbs To Live Your life By
Moriah Dugle

Words always have really strong meanings whether or not you think they don't. To me, proverbs hold the most meaning. I'm not talking about the book in the bible, but a proverb, a lesson or piece of advice that is generic and truthful. These are the "Yodas" of quotes. One of my favorite things about proverbs is that they can be interpreted in various ways. They mean something different to every single person.

1. “You’ll never plow a field by turning it over in your mind.” -Irish Proverb

2. “Love me when I least deserve it because that is when I need it the most.” -Swedish Proverb

3. “How do you move a mountain one spoonful of dirt at a time?” -Chinese Proverb

4. “If there is a way into the wood there is also a way out.” -Irish Proverb

5. "Pearls don’t lie on the seashore. If you want one you must dive for it.” -Chinese Proverb

6. “For the beauty of the rose we also water the thorns.” -African Proverb

7. “In a good book the best is between the lines.” -Swedish Proverb

8. “Wherever you go, you can’t get rid of yourself.” -Polish Proverb

9. “Wisdom has long ears and a short tongue.” -Swedish Proverb

10. “One generation plants the tree and the other gets the shade.” -Chinese Proverb

11. “Worry gives small things a big shadow.” -Swedish Proverb

12. “The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.” -Native American Proverb

13. “The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” -Chinese Proverb

14. “Change how you see and see how you change.” -Zen Proverb

15. “A life without love is like a year without summer.” -Swedish Proverb

16. “We don’t inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” -Native American Proverb

17. “The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall.” -Chinese Proverb

18. “In your calm is your strength.” -German Proverb

19. “Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows.” -Native American Proverb

20. “Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” -Chinese Proverb

21. “Conscience is the voice of the soul.” -Polish Proverb

22. “The longer the explanation the bigger the lie.” -Chinese Proverb

23. “People who drink to drown their sorrows, should be told that sorrow knows how to swim.” -African Proverb

24. “Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand.” -Chinese Proverb

25. “Don’t let your sorrow come higher than your knees.” -Swedish Proverb

Live your life how you want to but allow yourself to be guided by these pieces of advice. Advice is meant to be used, but like common sense, it isn't always followed. You can't know everything, but you can gather a few pieces from those who have already gone through similar obstacles.